Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
brandon
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Calling the dealer tomorrow but I thought I would ask. Sometimes the truck will almost throw you out of the seat when it shifts, super hard and jerks the truck but it doesn't do it too often. But today I was headed home and happened to let off the accelerator as it was shifting and when i tried to accelerate again it reved like it was in neutral and was not accelerating. Let off and pressed the accelerator again it went like it should. Anyone seen this?:psn:

·
Village Idiot
1,054 Posts
Yeah I've seen it a few times. It's definitley a driver error type thing. Every time I have had it happen, I had just lifted and got back on the pedal rather quickly in poor driving style. I'm guessing that it confuses the computer.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
sounds like it needs an update then. i would still go see ford and complain about it, it may never hurt nothing then it may tear the tranny out. Im leaning towards the 2nd one though

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have noticed it clunk really HARD about 2 or 3 times when re-throttling it back up from coasting. IDK why but they should have a fix for it, also when the truck is UNLOADED 4th to 5th gear shift seems to be always a JOLT.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Mine has done this! I even got it on video I was filing the sound my turbo makes and it did it lol. Right at 36-7 seconds. It's done it about 4-5 times since 4k mi

·
Registered
5 Posts
That was a very interesting video! It is not every day that one gets an inside view of the action! I don’t think I would have liked to be there though. All that clanking and clattering, not to mention jolting and jumping around like one was on a bucking bronco, would have thrown me for a six! I can't give an opinion here and all I can say is that it needs the attention of an expert!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Mine did that to me yesterday leaving work. I was taking off slow and it shifted out of first, the rpms went to 2800 and would not grab 2nd. I've got 3800 mi

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Mine has done this! I even got it on video I was filing the sound my turbo makes and it did it lol. Right at 36-7 seconds. It's done it about 4-5 times since 4k mi
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDsCbNsFcoU&feature=related
The 450 rental flat bed I had for a week sounded just like that, and more boost than my 250. Also a week ago I did a long burn out andwhen I let off it banged the next hear HARD , hard enough I thought the rear end came out of the truck. It was the 3-4 shift.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Oh and I'm at 15,900 miles.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I get a 2-3 shift flare when its cold sometimes too..

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I get a 2-3 shift flare when its cold sometimes too..
Odd , mines always a really quick firm 2-3 shift. Feels almost like it's tuned lol. Another funny thing is under 3/4 throttle my truck shifts firmer and quicker than if I put the pedal to the floor .

·
Registered
586 Posts
I dont think there is a difference between the 3/4 - full throttle on my truck.

I do weigh about 16,500lbs though.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Wow that's a heavy truck! My 09 550 with the dump bed only weighs 12,260 with me in It !

·
Registered
586 Posts
12 foot box with a 2ft work deck, bobcat welder generator, gas air comp, 50gal fresh oil, 50gal waste oil tanks, 20 gal hyd tank, 20gal water tank, tools, tools, tools, parts, etc lol.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts