Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
08 6.4 78K, SCT 3015, IDP Street Tune, PSE deletes.

This past weekend i was at a redlight, didnt floor it but i was close to it BANG BANG BANG says the transmission then throws the green wrench at me on the dash. Trans was like it was free spooling till i got home, read all the codes it threw at me then cleared them. High friction code along with some other that didnt seem to promising. haha

Anyway I updated the SCT, put the tune back in the truck and started to learn the trans again. 0-80 25%, 50%, 100%. Seemed to be running a lot better but then i got on a back road and was going to give it all it had till i ran out of road. The trans didnt bang this time but it seems like it was losing power/fuel then the trans started its free spool act again. Is the IDP street tune to much for a stock fuel setup?

The Trans has shifted horrible since the day i put it in 9/13 (prolly my fault on the learning side of things) but i just would like to hear some feed back from yall bc two days worth of trying to piece together other forums isnt cutting it.

Oh transmission fluid is getting changed next week.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Talked to my local transmission shop and they said I might have just been hitting the Rev limiter which makes sense ... found a forum that backed that up.

Also read a forum about my tire height not being right on tuner. I have 37's, saw something that said go 1/2-1 inch smaller so the transmission will shift when it is supposed to. I have noticed that if i am driving 60 on GPS im reading about 3-4MPH over that on the dash. What ya think?

·
Registered
504 Posts
Sounds like bad solenoids in the trans. You said you installed it on 9/13, was it new?

As for the tire setting on the tuner, you'll need to manually calculate your revs per mile and enter that setting in there.

·
Administrator
32,985 Posts
the rev limiter isn't harsh on these but the tune may have a different effect on the rev than OEM IE REV limiter will sit at it's WOT and not vary
I know this because My state makes you hit WOT for 4 seconds in neutral for emissions

if you messed up an adaptive relearn procedure it would still sort itself out after a while IMHO

not buying the 36.5 tire vs gps thing

you should have addressed the issue with the tuner as soon as you noticed IMHO

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@Rubenk The tune was brand new, SCT was maybe a few months old. Ill see what the transmission guy has to say come monday when i drop it off.

@Zmann 4 seconds at WOT good gosh they serious about it huh!! lol

By no means im I trashing the setup i have but It might just be something small or something I have made up in my head. hahah

Ill get with IDP about a few things, get the trans flushed and start over!

Thanks for the help guys... If this doest line out im selling it and getting a Kia with ground effects lol

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
I have never done the 1/4, 1/2 or the 3/4 relearn process I just load the tune and drive it. it shift harsh for very short time then settle in just right.

you could try that when you get your truck back always seems to work fine for me

1 - 7 of 7 Posts