Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my transmission rebuilt about 2 years ago and noticed when they rebuilt it they installed a new trans cooler. Ok, so heres my problem. I just went to replace my radiator and noticed that they bypassed the radiator cooler all together and only went to the new cooler they installed.

I know I should have noticed this a long time ago but never thought to look. Its a reputable shop that does a lot of heavy duty diesel trans rebuilds so I called this morning and they said there is probably a reason why they did it so just keep it plumbed the way it is.

Thoughts??? Thanks

·
Registered
154 Posts
I'd hook it back it up especially if you do a lot towing. The oil to water cooler provided by the radiator for your transmission fluid provides a lot needed cooling. Just curious have you been able to monitor your transmission temps at all running it without the radiator cooler hooked up?

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have only had temps above 180 one time and as soon as it hit 210 I pulled over and waited for it to cool off. That was right after the transmission was rebuilt and I was driving through nasty sugar sand pulling a loaded trailer. Normally its only gets around 175 in the summer with 100 weather.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also, my new radiator has the over flow line on the drivers side instead of the passenger side??? The part number on the box and the box both say they are for a 97 powerstroke.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts