Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
just a welding fool.
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this would have any effect, but when i pulled the motor to do the oil pan gasket, i pulled the a/c condenser out completely. put it all back together, but haven't been able to fill it back up yet (a whole different story)

that being said, my transmission cooler ismounted right up against the condenser, in front of the hole in the middle of the bumper. I'm not sure if it's the higher outside temps (high 80's, 90's and sometimes into 100) but i've noticed my trans temps upwards of 170, and easily in the 190 range.

when i first relocated the temp sensor to a bung in the pan, I saw 152 degrees consistenly. outside temps were a bit cooler (spring time) but it stayed pretty consistent even in stop and go traffic.

would it help if i moved the cooler off the condenser by a couple inches, and let more air flow through it?

·
Registered
561 Posts
As long as it has good frontal flow, it shouldn't make much of a difference I wouldn't think. A bigger cooler might not hurt though.

·
Busy Busy
9,004 Posts
Do you have the stock cooler or a 6.0 cooler?

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Mine is mounted right in the front of everything.

·
just a welding fool.
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i may end up upgrading to the 6.0 cooler when i get a chance. I was thinking it had to do with the cooler right up against the condenser that has no refridgerant in it.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I put my trucool behind the cond above the stock one. Works very well. Here in Az I didn't want to add any more hot air on the cond.

·
just a welding fool.
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I put my trucool behind the cond above the stock one. Works very well. Here in Az I didn't want to add any more hot air on the cond.
what temps do you see in stop and go traffic?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts