-not shifting outta third ever except deceration
-speedo works but cruIse control doesn't
-fluid level is perfect no leaks

And I got these codes:

P1754-coast clutch solenoid

P1746-pressure control solenoid

P0500-vehicle speed sensor

P0782-transmision 2 to 3 shift

Before I started r/r parts I wanted to ask you guys if yall have seen this before and there is some kinda off the wall quick fix like an a/c pressure sensor outta range or something....any thoughts would be appreciated

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
I would start by inspecting the wiring harness from the tranny and rear differential all the way forward.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I'd put a new solenoid pack in the trans, easy to do it's right above the pan, $250 part, while you have the fluid out you might as well put a valve body in the trans also...

for the speed sensor it's in the top of the rear diff, take it out and just give it a quick cleaning sometime metal slivers get stuck to it and give a false reading

·
riverjet
459 Posts
I agree with Arisley. Look at that wire harness real good. Also that speed sensor code rings a bell. The computer needs a good signal to command the solinoids properly.

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
Check the harness, and check the connector on the right-rear side of the transmission, corrosion can get in there and corrode away the pins.

Dave

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys....swapped out the coil pack and changed fluid to motorcraft mercron V still the same problem...changed vss and that alone stopped the o/d off light from blinking...inspected harness with loom off and found nothing outta the ordinary....also checked #22 fuse and it was good (someone else had same problem and dealer diagnosed it as that) trans is still acting like a menopausal bitch....any other ideas, like an alternator hose goin bad and it causing this?:evil

·
riverjet
459 Posts
Did you pull codes again after doing repairs? Pull accumulator body out and check it for sticking valves and broken springs.Is the wire going into the solinoide pack super clean. Check it yourself. Don't trust someone elses work.It may be time for some major trans work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts