Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Does anyone know if you can check TC lock RPM's on the mini max?

·
Registered
739 Posts
Is there any use in just putting a converter and a rebuild kit. Cause from what i hear if you dont do the billet shaft, Low reverse hub and shift kit. Its not worth doing

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Yeah I'm gonna do the complete thing too nick. Could u Explain the diff in job 1 and job 2 when peeps are explaining mods on their trucks?

·
Registered
739 Posts
Diff in job 1 and 2 mainly is job 1 has external filter for tranny which is in front of the bellhousing while job 2 does not. Job 1 also supposideatly has weaker head gaskets as ford revised them before putting them in the job 2 and 3. other than that theres just a lot of cosmetic changes to the truck.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Kool so looking at the tranny for the filter in front of the bell housing is how I would tell or did the just doit on certain years? Mine is a 2008 kr

·
Registered
739 Posts
What is your build date its on your vin tag inside your driver side door

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Is there any use in just putting a converter and a rebuild kit. Cause from what i hear if you dont do the billet shaft, Low reverse hub and shift kit. Its not worth doing
Depends how much power you plan on holding. A better converter and a rebuild kit will be fine for a moderately tuned truck, but where you going the extra holding power is the machined hubs stacked with extra clutches and billet internals. Try to put in the best tranny you can. It's always cheaper to go built the first time than cheap two times.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Depends how much power you plan on holding. A better converter and a rebuild kit will be fine for a moderately tuned truck, but where you going the extra holding power is the machined hubs stacked with extra clutches and billet internals. Try to put in the best tranny you can. It's always cheaper to go built the first time than cheap two times.
I heard that haha

·
Registered
955 Posts
ZF6 done
I couldn't resistLOL

21 - 34 of 34 Posts