Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 97' F-250 w/ the 7.3 and E40D 2wd. The transmission was rebuilt a little while back and haven't had any problems with it. I took it down the road a couple days ago and out of no where as I started slowing down for a red light it started shifting erratically so when I got to my road it wouldn't down shift. I didn't drive it for a few days and yesterday I decided to drive it to see if it was still shifting the same and it ran fine with no problems. I was thinking maybe a solenoid or something. No trouble light. I live in Tampa Fl area and am new to the area so I don't know of any reputable shops that won't take me for a ride. I use the truck to pull my 5th wheel RV so I can't have the thing messing up like that. If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it. Thanks

·
Former Ford Trans Engr.
3,220 Posts
The place to start is with reading the codes. Without the codes you can't fix it. The places that read codes free cannot read these codes.

If Ocala isn't too far I know a real good shop that won't take advantage of you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.