Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a 6 pos chip with custom tunes about a month and a half ago. The truck is running great, I towed my boat for the first time since the chip install and the tranny got hotter than it ever has, the chip was turned down to a lower power setting and I have towed the same route dozens of times. Usually the tranny never goes over 150, it was upwards of 200. I dont even know if that temp is bad, it just was alarming because it has never done that. I did have a little more load on the truck, 4 people in the cab and a dirtbike in the back. I still dont know if that is enough to be worried.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I installed a 6 pos chip with custom tunes about a month and a half ago. The truck is running great, I towed my boat for the first time since the chip install and the tranny got hotter than it ever has, the chip was turned down to a lower power setting and I have towed the same route dozens of times. Usually the tranny never goes over 150, it was upwards of 200. I dont even know if that temp is bad, it just was alarming because it has never done that. I did have a little more load on the truck, 4 people in the cab and a dirtbike in the back. I still dont know if that is enough to be worried.
I'm in south FL and hit 196. Never been over 200 though.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Who's custom tunes are on the Bully Dog chip?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Trany can run all day under 220 but it wouldn't hurt to get another cooler if it doesn't already have one.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Mine would run 180 all the time. Towing 13K it would heat up in stop & go traffic. Added a trucool on whith the fact ota cooler and this morning going to work it struggled to reach 140. I'll get a better check on the way home, supposed to be around 110* today & tomorrow.

That is a pretty significant change though might want to give your tuner a call.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Who's custom tunes are on the Bully Dog chip?
My mistake, I talked to the guys at the shop this mornig and they use Bully Dog custom tunes. I guess the way it works is they get the code from the ECU and match the chip to it.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
There is the problem. Get with the custom tuners on this site. Some of them can reformat your chip and put their tunes on your chip. Way better.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There is the problem. Get with the custom tuners on this site. Some of them can reformat your chip and put their tunes on your chip. Way better.
who do you reccomend. I am in San Diego. anyone nearby?

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
I recommend Tony Wildman at Total Diesel Performance. There a a bunch of good ones out there. Have a look at out sponsor page.

·
Banned
459 Posts
i recommend beanes diesel performance

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Get your PCM reflashed by DP Tuner and see if you like it. If you do, you pay $75 plus shipping and send him back your PCM. If you don't, you send back his PCM and get your money back. If you want to get a chip then, you can if you like the way the thing runs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts