Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the best trans company to go with when the time comes to do the tranny i was thinking of suncoast but not sure.Gonna buy the T/C and rebuilt kit and whatever else ill need and have my buddie at ford do it for me.He did my buddies 7.3 tranny and its bad A$$ full suncoast kit.Well let me know what you all think.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL i could go stock again but i plan on doing injectors and turbo and fuel upgrades down the road.So I figured what the hell when its tranny time Ill build my tranny.

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
After a lot of research suncoast seemed to be very popular, but I've heard mixed reviews on this board. NADP seems to have the best reviews with no negatives that I've seen anywhere...

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
But nadp has their transmissions in the biggest hp and fastest 6.0's... After seeing Nates debacle with suncoast and seeing their stuff cut apart ...I'm not impressed.

·
Diesel Addict
411 Posts
But nadp has their transmissions in the biggest hp and fastest 6.0's... After seeing Nates debacle with suncoast and seeing their stuff cut apart ...I'm not impressed.
I agree with Adam. NADP seems to be the way to go. I think Shawn Ellerton runs an NADP 5R in his 1,000hp race truck. That speaks volumes for me.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well im looking to make 1000hp either lol just want something thats good and will not break all im gonna do is injectors turbo and fuel system.So ill be happy with 500-550 hp for a dailydriver

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
A 5r110 won't take 1000hp for long...for that HP just install a BTS 4r100.

BTS makes a built 5r110 and it comes with his unconditional warranty.

If I can get you a price on a BTS please PM me.

Cary

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I think a 5r can stand the power, but i think that an aftermarket controller is necessary! then again good tuning might be able to take care of that. Rednecks truck holds fine!

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
A 5r110 won't take 1000hp for long...for that HP just install a BTS 4r100.
I don't think that either tranny has really been proven at that HP level. Only 1,000HP powerstroke that I know of is Shawn Ellerton's and he has had only 1 NADP trans for the life of his truck as far as I know with much of the time holding 600-800+ HP and just recently 1,000hp

Now of course there could be some crazy trucks out on the sledpull circuit making this power and breaking transmissions but nothing that I know of, seems the 5r110 is a pretty stout trans as long as the tuning is top notch.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
True should have said over 650.. and should have said..BTS or John Wood.

From what I understand the physical restrictions to shift fast enough in the 5r110 is the problem.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
running low 11's with my nadp tranny and don't have a problem with shifts, it's all in the tuner, eric from innovative diesel has my trans shifting crisp and clean, my truck has been to many evens and has proven this in public. i love there tranny, it's holding so far, i will be in boise for nhrda finals, truck will be required to make several passes that day, theres nothing wrong with the 5r110 the key is tunning.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Did they mod the solenoids to flow more fluid to get the shifts faster?
How long have you had the trans with over 600HP?

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Did they mod the solenoids to flow more fluid to get the shifts faster?
How long have you had the trans with over 600HP?

been over 600hp on fuel for 4 years, been over 900 on da juice for a year and a half, and 1000hp since spring. i have no idea what nadp does to there tranny, but between nadp and innovative diesel's tunning, thetruck runs great

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
BTS's 5rs dont hold up to over 600hp believe me on that one. Now with that said Brian is one of the most standup and well respected guys in the industry but it has been proven that they dont hold up that well to the high hp applications like his 4rs do

BS. DeadBlow had the first 5r from BTS in his truck and it has been above 600Hp its whole life. the only things that has ever broke was the front pump, lack of enough stall speed on the converter, trying to lite a big charger. And it has broke one hard part, from acting dumb.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts