Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Gents,
Friday I thought I heard a little noise in the front end of my 08 super duty while exiting a parking lot. Sounded like something was loose/or rattling. I parked it on my pad when I got home, put it in neutral with the engine off and got underneath. I grabbed the driveshaft and started turning it to roll it forward and I heard what sounds like a chain noise in my transmission. It only makes this noise as I roll the truck forward, not backward. I must admit that I don't think there has ever been a time I've been under a truck rolling it forward via the drive shaft. However, this was not a noise I'm familiar with. I don't know if this is normal or not. I'm leaning towards not. If anyone has any input I would greatly appreciate it. Trying to figure it all out before I result to taking it somewhere. Thanks.

08 F350 King Ranch CCLB SRW

·
Native Texan
9,050 Posts
Well I heard a similar noise on a 6.4l ambulance pulled the pan and no signs of a problem never heard anything like it before but its not everyday I try and roll an ambulance while I'm under it. The trans has almost 200000 miles on it and has been serviced every 24000 miles. We figure its just the nature of these trans one way clutch.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts