Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay so i have a 2000 f250 with an A/T tranny and my tranny is really acting up. it doesnt like coming outta first gear unless you rev it to like 3 grand and let compleatly off. it slips in every gear with anymore than 3/4 throttle even when i turn it back to stock. wondering what all you guys think is wrong. its got alot of miles and needs a rebuild. heres the codes i have

P0731 gear 1 incorrect ratio
P0732 gear 2 incorrect ratio
P0733 gear 3 incorrect ratio
P0781 1-2 shift
P0782 2-3 shift
P0720 output shaft speed sensor circuit

lemme know what yall think. i appreciate the input. thanks.

·
Registered
545 Posts
p0781 and p0782 are codes you will get when the solenoid pack is not functioning properly, but it seems like you have other things going on.

If you are slipping in every gear then there isn't much you can do other then a rebuild.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, i didnt know bout the whole solenoid thing, but i figured i was gonna need a rebuild. my overdrive light always flashes on and off when im driving through town, it usually doesnt if i get right on the highway and drive. but thats most likely cause im not going through the gears...

·
Milk Truck
1,490 Posts
If you are looking at keeping the truck, you might want to consider getting some money together for a BTS tranny. It will save you money in the long run. That was the first thing I did after getting a chip.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, if i had money to put together. ha. ive been wanting a bts for a while cause its kinda just been a time bomb just waiting to go off. but i dont have the money for that right now. i got about 800 bucks in tickets to pay this month. haha.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts