Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Terminator Nation
5,119 Posts
Yes, except you have to adapt the larger fittings on the 6.0 cooler to the smaller 3/8" lines of the stock OBS. The brackets on the cooler work too, when mounting the cooler in front of the radiator/A/C stuff. The 7.3 SD cooler/brackets bolts in in the same location also.

·
Let'er Buck!
1,685 Posts
Yes, except you have to adapt the larger fittings on the 6.0 cooler to the smaller 3/8" lines of the stock OBS. The brackets on the cooler work too, when mounting the cooler in front of the radiator/A/C stuff. The 7.3 SD cooler/brackets bolts in in the same location also.
Dave, do you have any pictures of a 6.0 cooler mounted on an OBS with the factory brackets? I'm a little confused on what you mean by the Sd cooler/brakets bolt in the same location?

I'm also assuming you're saying it fits WITHOUT an intercooler in place???

And the OBS has factory 5/16" lines and fittings. Some 97's, from what I've heard, had 3/8" lines, but it was a rarity.

·
Terminator Nation
5,119 Posts
I meant to say I have a V-10 cooler mounted in front of the A/C unit and behind my Banks intercooler using the stock factory V-10 cooler brackets without modification. Its supposed to be an upgrade for the SuperDuty 7.3 cooler. The 6.0 cooler brackets have about the same configuration but the cooler itself is larger (more frontal area) than the V-10 unit. This location seems to work ok with my stageII engine setup.

The fittings of both units need to be adapted to the OBS cooler lines. I ran 3/8" steel tubing from the V-10 cooler through the radiator bulkhead to the transmission then adapted to the transmission fittings. I also have a Dieselsite trans filter setup in there so my cooler lines are not stock. I think the 6.0 uses 1/2" tubing fittings.

Check with BTS and see what he has to say about the cooler installs although he likes to install them in the airstream behind the front bumper.

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
I tried to get a 6.0 to fit on my sig truck and opted for the V10. Mounted in front bumper used 3/8" steel tubing then same size high pressure rubber to connect with stock in rad cooler and return line. I used two quality gear type hose clamps per connection as stock is 5/16".
Have some pix in link below in the red truck folder.
jrc

1 - 6 of 6 Posts