Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have an e99 with 150k on the clock. She shifts perfect right now but I'm about to install the s366 kit from irate and I plan to run some 250's soon. I'm going to set my goal for right around 400 rwhp. I was wondering if some of you all had some suggestions on upgrades to sustain that power range without breaking the bank.

·
the stryker god
3,659 Posts
why are you goin with 250's if you only want 400 horse. get a valve body (bts, john wood, ect) get a good cooler, fill it with some schaeffers all trans and that should help.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
250's for room to grow. I'll just have it tuned back untill my mods can handle the full extent

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
6.0 coolers drop right in?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No #### that big of a difference huh? I've seen posts about 26 or 32 fin radiators? What's the story with that? Also is a torque converter needed? Also do you know what a valve body runs and how difficult it would be to install.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We're on The subject already figured I'd shoot a couple more questions. Forget I asked

·
Registered
316 Posts
The VB is around 250.00 plus the core and I wouldn't put a good converter in there if you know your going to need a built trans later unless you don't mind droping another 400.00 to cut open the converter to clean it.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Ari tc ,valve body, is all you need for 400 hp.
Maybe an external tranny filter from dieselsite.
A v10 tranny cooler works well also.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts