Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
C&C Customs
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so this is the train tracks that go through my property and of course all the damage is right in the middle of my property so still awaiting a meeting to see what i get for compensation for letting them tear up my property and my roads and tearing down alot of my pines luckly it wasnt to close to my house! Enjoy

·
Super Hauler!
3,882 Posts
what caused it? Looks like some of those cars were filled with automobiles huh? Thats crazy

·
Lovin Life...
2,900 Posts
Dude, what happened?

·
C&C Customs
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i will have to get a pic the bridge failed!

·
C&C Customs
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea a bunch of chevys! haha

·
Lovin Life...
2,900 Posts
If I had a RR that ran through the yard, I'd be hurting for money. Trains are so cool, I'd sit there and watch everyday. LOL

Hey, at least you didn't have to do, or pay for the cleanup :D

·
C&C Customs
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If I had a RR that ran through the yard, I'd be hurting for money. Trains are so cool, I'd sit there and watch everyday. LOL

Hey, at least you didn't have to do, or pay for the cleanup :D
yea i should get some good money out of it cause they tore up my property
and yea it is a blast to wtch them things come through

·
Registered
871 Posts
Wow been a while since I have seen a train wreck

·
new mod, Blown engine...
52 Posts
Dang, thats crazy! So do they pay you to have the tracks run through your property?

·
fastfish1967
56 Posts
I guess that your property is in Ideal, Georgia, right? I live in Fitzgerald, Georgia and work for CSX Railroad. I ride trains on that same rail almost every day. I recognized the carnage from your pics. The cause of the derailment was that the rails spread too wide and the railcars actually fell in between. I'm very surprised that the engines didn't derail too. I was on a train that derailed four autoracks filled with brand new Nissans just north of Manchester, Georgia about two years ago. What a mess! CSX is self-insured and all the autos are shredded for salvage. They will not even sell a tire off of the autos. They don't want to be held liable later on down the road. Anyway you WILL be getting a very nice chunk of money for all the damage and mess on your property. Good luck!

·
I FINALLY JUMPED!
516 Posts
Those excavator cranes look cool got any info on them?

·
Dairy Mechanic
2,198 Posts

·
Crazy wid da cheeze wiz
2,411 Posts
Thats pretty cool. Im like everyone else. Im intrigued by trains!

·
Gandy Dancer
5,972 Posts
The cause of the derailment was that the rails spread too wide and the railcars actually fell in between.
From the photo's, it looks like that stretch had concrete ties. Unless there was a stretch of wood ties where it actually derailed............it's not real likely that wide gage was the cause.

Without knowing any info, my first thought (given the time of year and concrete ties) on the cause...............would be a track buckle due to warm weather.

Anyway you WILL be getting a very nice chunk of money for all the damage and mess on your property. Good luck!
If they used his property to gain access to the derailment site, I'm surprised they didn't ask permission (with at least a verbal agreement to pay damages/access rights) ahead of time.

That's what I always do.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts