Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased this truck a couple of months ago, and dont use it much. Mostly a project.
I went ahead and hooked up my trailer and I am not geting anything, so I crawled underneath the truck and someone had cut the 7 pin conector in the bed and also the bumper. I have maybe 7 or 8 wires that are cut from a thick shielded harness, but they are not common colors and I dont know where to start. They spliced the factory harness to smaller wires (homemade) and nothing matches up to the plugs.

I looked up the factory plug, but unsure of some of the codes?
(ye) = yellow?
(wh) = white?
(db) = brown?
(dg) = green?
(og) = ???
(bn/wh) = brown w/ white tracer?
(bk/lg) = large black wire?

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
281 Posts
im not gonna be much help but i had that same problem and i took it to a 4x4 place and they rewired it all for like 80 bucks with a new plug so if you cant figure it out just another route you could take

·
Registered
211 Posts
I purchased this truck a couple of months ago, and dont use it much. Mostly a project.
I went ahead and hooked up my trailer and I am not geting anything, so I crawled underneath the truck and someone had cut the 7 pin conector in the bed and also the bumper. I have maybe 7 or 8 wires that are cut from a thick shielded harness, but they are not common colors and I dont know where to start. They spliced the factory harness to smaller wires (homemade) and nothing matches up to the plugs.

I looked up the factory plug, but unsure of some of the codes?
(ye) = yellow? yup
(wh) = white? yup
(db) = brown? dark blue i believe
(dg) = green? dark green
(og) = ??? orange
(bn/wh) = brown w/ white tracer?
(bk/lg) = black/light green tracer

Thanks for the help!
hope this helps

1 - 3 of 3 Posts