Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Junior
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 F-350. I just put a 2008 tailgate and bumper on my truck and looks great. What I am having a problem with is I can't figure out where to mount the factory plugs for the trailer. It doesn't look like there is anywhere to mount them. Are the plug brackets the same or are they different and maybe someone has a picture of how they mounted theirs? Thanks ! ! !

·
Junior
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump...

·
Junior
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not really looking to replace them, just looking at how to mount them. The factory ones are there, I am justnot sure how they mount on the newer style bumpers.

·
Registered
326 Posts
my parents have a 06 f350 and from the factory ford mounted a plate under the hitch and bend it up on an angle to fit both plugs. You can probably weld it on on pop rivet it. Pretty easy to fab up. On my OBS i just welded the bracket to the bottom of the bumper since the hitch frame didnt hang down enough.

·
Junior
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll have to check again but I don't think my hitch has the plate. I was thinking it was mounted to the bracket that holds the bumper on but I am probably wrong. I will check that!

·
Junior
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I looked at the 06 bumper and it was bolted to the mounting bracket for the bumper from the factory. So my next question is, does anyone have a picture of your trailer harness mounted on a 2008-2010 superduty?

·
Registered
326 Posts
i can post one up tomorrow when i see my bosses truck but his is the same set up as our 06 they mounted it on the hitch receiver. Just take a 18 or 20 gauge piece of steel and bend it at around a 45 and weld it to the bottom of your receiver frame then mount the 2 plugs. That's all they really do.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts