Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone traded their 2011 in yet? Trying to trade mine and my dealer isn't wanting to give me #### for it! Thinking about trading for a Chevy Avalanche or 2500. Love the Ford but don't like getting the shaft. The local Chevy dealer will give me the true trade in value for my ford. Pissed off!

·
Registered
306 Posts
If you love the Ford why are you trading it?

·
Registered
592 Posts
Chevy Avalanche
:doh: Wheres the Barf Smilie! I Love the Chebby But that Avalanche is Butt ugly to me LOL

Thats a Girls Ride LOL

I bought a new truck for the last 4 years you will Give them your trade in doing this, you will Do good to break even!

It cost me about $10,000 every time i traded LOL This year is the First i have kept a truck over 12 months......

I have a 2010 Extra cab GMC 6.2 Trailer tow package,which gives me Four wheel disc Breaks,14 Bolt rear end, 373 gears,with 403 HP and 417 TQ on Tap :~) Tires will be doing Good to see 25,000 Miles ,at 16,000 miles they are over half Shot :evil

FWIW GM wouldn't take their own truck in trade,I find it hard to believe they will give you money on a Ford Unless theres more to it for Them as in Personal gain ?

I wonder why the trade also ? Issues with the truck ??

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tax break is the main reason. What pisses me off is that I've bought 20 trucks off them in the last 2 years and they only want to give me 35,000 for a 62,000 dollar truck. I try to keep my business local and the Chevy garage treats their customers great. We've bought 20 trucks from them this year alone. Just pissed because I've done business with this ford dealer for over 20 years and this is the respect I get for being a repeat customer.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
WOW! 35k for a 2011? trade in on my '06 is 22k!

Ford always rates their trades lower than the other guys. Just the way its always been.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I don't blame you for being pissed Bro!

You should Pull the manager off to the side and give His arse a piece of your Mind and Go from there!

Tell him another dealership will get your Business, That should tighten his arse up!

and if it don't so be it! but stay with the Truck that gets the job Done and gets ya back home safe!

Be it Chevy or Ford ,go with whats proven it's self to you over time! I like em Both!

·
Registered
674 Posts
Tax break is the main reason. What pisses me off is that I've bought 20 trucks off them in the last 2 years and they only want to give me 35,000 for a 62,000 dollar truck. I try to keep my business local and the Chevy garage treats their customers great. We've bought 20 trucks from them this year alone. Just pissed because I've done business with this ford dealer for over 20 years and this is the respect I get for being a repeat customer.
Tax break?
You better check your tax laws because if you already expensed out your truck, you'll be hearing from the IRS in the (form of a five figure penalty) if you trade it in and try to S179 the new one. It takes 5 years to legally expense out a vehicle.

Your 11' is probably worth 35-38K.
I guess you could add in the other 10K of "insult" money that is the difference between full retail and what people usually pay, that is if you are willing to pay full MSRP again.
You bought 20 trucks from them, at full retail?
Man....

·
Registered
374 Posts
Reminds me of that episode of King of the Hill where Hank had a long-term relationship with the local dealer who kept selling him cars at sticker price and making him think he was getting a great deal....until Peggy negotiated a deal well below sticker price.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Has anyone really paid over $60,000 for one of these trucks? I bet a fully loaded King Ranch can be bought for a number of thousands less than 60k.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Might need to change dealers, I ended up getting close to 8k more on my last trade by switching dealers.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
You don't need a SUPER DUTY DIESEL if your willing to trade for an Avalanche,,, I don't know what's up with the dealer,,, seems pretty crappy if you have bought that many trucks from him,, maybe try a different Ford dealer? What's NADA say about our trade in? He may be right on the money,, who knows? Trading is a CONVENIENCE for us,,,, not a "Money maker" Never has been in the auto sales industry. It's makes money for the dealer,, I haven't traded a vehicle for 15 years and have bought way less than you, but more than some have, (8 in the last 15 is more than others) I'll buy what I want, put a decent down payment,,, and sell the other within 180 days, this way MO gives you a sales tax refund. I've came out WAY ahead of what I would have gotten in trade every time. To diss a dealer about what they're giving you on trade is silly,,,for one thing, it's part of the "Negotiation of trading" heck if you buy that many trucks 20 from FORD and 20 from Chevy,, you could afford to buy one and sell the other I bet..... Do you own a fleet of trucks? If so, I doubt you paid 62k for that 62k dollar truck,,, hell I ONLY paid 50,800 for my 61,000 dollar Lariat back in Sept of 10,,, early in the 11 model year when you'd think prices were not as negotiable.... so say if you paid 48-50 k for that truck to the dealer,,, what would you consider a fair amount to get trade? Also, would you get a discount on the 12?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Has anyone really paid over $60,000 for one of these trucks? I bet a fully loaded King Ranch can be bought for a number of thousands less than 60k.
Sure they can be had for less than 60k but it's tough to get a loaded one, out the door, for less than that.

I paid a few hundred less than x-plan, tax was close to 4k....i was right at 60k ....but I got exactly the truck I wanted!! (hard to negotiate when the dealer worked hard to find it for me)

·
Registered
474 Posts
I've bought 4 trucks in the last year. And made no money on any in fact I'm nicely upside down on my 06 but the ford dealer said when I'm ready for a 6.7 they will pay off my truck on the spot. You just have to find the right dealer.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Got 40k for mine. The sticker on it was 59k. I felt pretty good about it. I get the x plan plus the rebates and also got 2k more out of the 12 i ordered.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I've bought 4 trucks in the last year. And made no money on any in fact I'm nicely upside down on my 06 but the ford dealer said when I'm ready for a 6.7 they will pay off my truck on the spot. You just have to find the right dealer.
yeah they will pay it off and tach on the negative equity on your new purchase.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
yeah they will pay it off and tach on the negative equity on your new purchase.
Yep,, and I have a question, WHY DO PEOPLE Consider the "Tax Title and License" as "Part of the price? You pay license every year, title is a pittance, what 12.00 or so? And tax is a given,, unless your buying for a Church or some other not for profit organization, then your going to pay tax, period. The negotiated price is what you got them to take off the deal, weather it's more for your trade, or straight off the sticker price. If you buy outright then you pay tax on the whole purchase price, and hopefully get a refund on the sales tax equivalent for the sale of your old one within a period of time. I guess I ask because, not all people pay the tax at the dealer, you buy the vehicle and then have to go to the DMV to pay tax and such,, just a pet peeve of mine, LOL "Out the door" to me means what you gave them, which would include delivery, and other dealer charges....

If I end up with a newer truck later, I'll do the same with this one, buy the new one outright, then sell this one, (Or try to sell this one and then buy the new one, either way)

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Josh, Evan, talk about "being upside down" I guess the guy who had my 03 dually before me must have gotten it repossessed, all the finance paperwork was in it. He had traded a Ranger in on it, which he owed more than it was worth I'm sure, the total price FINANCED, (Not total of payments) was 51,000.00,, the sticker for the XLT Sport dually (Which was left in the truck too) was 46,xxx.00 :doh:

·
Registered
374 Posts
Yep,, and I have a question, WHY DO PEOPLE Consider the "Tax Title and License" as "Part of the price? You pay license every year, title is a pittance, what 12.00 or so? And tax is a given,, unless your buying for a Church or some other not for profit organization, then your going to pay tax, period. The negotiated price is what you got them to take off the deal, weather it's more for your trade, or straight off the sticker price. If you buy outright then you pay tax on the whole purchase price, and hopefully get a refund on the sales tax equivalent for the sale of your old one within a period of time. I guess I ask because, not all people pay the tax at the dealer, you buy the vehicle and then have to go to the DMV to pay tax and such,, just a pet peeve of mine, LOL "Out the door" to me means what you gave them, which would include delivery, and other dealer charges....

If I end up with a newer truck later, I'll do the same with this one, buy the new one outright, then sell this one, (Or try to sell this one and then buy the new one, either way)

I agree, tax and title are separate from purchase price. You pay that everywhere you go.

Where do you live though if you can register your truck for $12? I want to move there :bowfast: Registration here is $65ish for my 92 F350. It gets more and more expensive the newer the car. I'm pretty sure a new vehicle is over $200 in registration alone.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts