Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I need some input please.. I've ran across a 04 duramax that's super clean and I'm considering trading my 06 F350 ccsb for it ...My question is does anyone know any down falls that the duramax has??? I know its a Chevy lol ... thanks

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Trans can handle more then 475 hp. Injectors go bad pretty frequent. Cp3 pumps go bad..... On the plus side the trucks hold there value better then the fords, but I don't think they are built as well I've had three dmax's I'll keep my 6.0. Make the trade then trade up to a newer superduty.

·
Registered
905 Posts
the duramaxs in our work fleet go through injectors and front end parts. never had a trans issue with any of them. if it were me, i would stick to a ford. unless you like driving a diesel "el camino truck"!

·
Banned
2,444 Posts
F**k that!
Id never buy a Chevroletdown even if you paid me.

Sent from my Smart Car

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input guys ...I love my Ford but it just scares me to death that I may have to do Head gaskets again cannot afford that drama again lol ...

·
Registered
218 Posts
Stick with your ford. At least now you know what your dealing with and you dont have to worry about inheriting some one else's issues/problems.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You guys heard much bout guys having to do gaskets again after studs oem gaskets and heads being checked???

·
Banned
328 Posts
You guys heard much bout guys having to do gaskets again after studs oem gaskets and heads being checked???
Miller did and depends who did them

I had to have mine redone twice because the mechanic that did mine only tighten my studs to like 100. After the second time I did it my self.

After 40 passes on the drag strip and 20k im still running strong.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Banned
2,444 Posts
Mine went because of 5h1tty repair work before I had the truck.
Having the heads checked is a must!

Sent from my Smart Car

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had mine done with arp studs oem gaskets and heads checked at bout 8000 miles ago by a shop that has done dozens of them and I don't run a hot tune or anything close but the cost of repairs again is what scares me bout my 6.0

·
Premium Member
3,409 Posts
####ty repair work makes HG go bad a second time.

·
Banned
328 Posts
I had mine done with arp studs oem gaskets and heads checked at bout 8000 miles ago by a shop that has done dozens of them and I don't run a hot tune or anything close but the cost of repairs again is what scares me bout my 6.0
Were are you located?

I dont trust any shop the two shop I went to had supposbly done dozens of them and they still ####ed my stuff up

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
####ty repair work makes HG go bad a second time.
Thats it right there. Find someone who knows what they're doing and a GOOD machinist.

And about the Dmax's, i've heard they spit rods around 450-500 hp. Not sure if thats accurate or not. And head gasket failures are common on them as well. I'd rather do 6.0 head gaskets than a Dmax any day of the week.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm in southern Ohio ... if the work is not done correct how long does it take to show up??? Or is that a dumb question??

·
Banned
2,444 Posts
Where in southern Ohio?
It varies too much. Mine didn't show up for almost 30K miles, but others have immediately.

·
Banned
2,444 Posts
Jack Lester, if you ever need anything, I'm just northwest of you near Hillsboro.

Sent from my Smart Car

1 - 20 of 24 Posts