Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can get a stainless or chrome stack for my john deere 5420? It is about 42" high and has a diameter of about 2 1/4 inches. I think there is a little extra room, maybe I could go to a 2 1/2 diameter. It has a curved out tip at the top.

Thanks

·
PA 6.0 PS
185 Posts
Always wanted to drop a 5" chrome straight with a rain cap on one.....My dad's 4020 with M&W Turbo, has 3.5" on, Christmas present this year is getting 5".......might wanna try a truck parts garage....

·
Registered
146 Posts
We have a 5520 and I cut the stock stack off about 5 inches long from the bottom, Went to exhaust shop and had them swell one end to a 3'' and welded it into my 3'' stack, that way it has a couple inches fitting tightly inside the stack and you still have about 2.5 of your stock pipe to slide onto your manifold and I just used the stock clamp. Give me a few days and I'll get a pics so you can see what I saying

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Iowa 80 has some 3" pipes in various lengths: Stacks | IOWA80.COM You could use an adaptor at the head pipe to convert to the 3" pipe, then select the length you want.
Thanks for the link this gives me some ideas play around with. Will the chrome stacks handle the heat, or will they turn blue and discolor?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We have a 5520 and I cut the stock stack off about 5 inches long from the bottom, Went to exhaust shop and had them swell one end to a 3'' and welded it into my 3'' stack, that way it has a couple inches fitting tightly inside the stack and you still have about 2.5 of your stock pipe to slide onto your manifold and I just used the stock clamp. Give me a few days and I'll get a pics so you can see what I saying
Thanks for the reply, i would love to see some pictures of your set up.

·
The Original
7,509 Posts
Sean,

I don't have access to anything 42" long in 2.5" I could get 3" in the chrome.

The chrome will hold up well as long as its been treated right.

·
It$ only money
763 Posts
ive got stainless stacks on both 4450s and the 4440... they have held up flawlessly for 2 years

check with your deere dealer. mine got a SWEET 6in turnout for the 50's and it was about 180 bucks... direct bolt on.

·
Road Hammer
628 Posts
I'm running a 5" straight on my turned up JD 4440. It is unbearable in the cab and all it does now is move hay.
Pics or video?

Been pondering a bit what it would look/sound like on mine, but don't know if I'd actually do it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts