Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
bring the chain
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in retrospect of may 8th at the buck,and grenadeing the rear in the truck.what traction unit is going to hold up to pulling? i was looking into a electric locker,but they supposedly dont make one for a corporate? i would like to keep something selectable for street use(arb?). what r u guys using? thank you kyle.

·
Davey B
930 Posts
Detroit held up just fine for me and i drove my on the street just fine. I a deal on mine, a guy on craigs list sold it to me brand new in the box for $250

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I recommend the Detroit Tru-Trac. They are great on the street and lock as they are supposed to. Detroit Lockers will break the teeth off it if you every break an axle shaft. ARB's are very nice but pricey.

·
Registered
454 Posts
my vote is for the detroit tru trac, im happy with mine.

·
need more power lol
91 Posts
i have a lock-right unit in both my trucks and they are very streetable and give solid performance

·
If in doubt, tach it out
287 Posts
Anybody run a truetrac in the front end?

·
bring the chain
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i went with a locker. put it in last night and all is good. smooth operation,until she unlocks! comes with a nice bang when it does. takes me back to my bronco days with lockers and 39s!!!

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
it was the only logical solution!!! weighing out the options as what would hold up. the locker won!!!
As in "locker" you mean Detroit Locker? I broke three of them in my truck, then I switched to the Tru-Trac and never broke that. The Tru-trac has way more hooks on it than any of the Lockers ever did.

·
bring the chain
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
As in "locker" you mean Detroit Locker? I broke three of them in my truck, then I switched to the Tru-Trac and never broke that. The Tru-trac has way more hooks on it than any of the Lockers ever did.
were you breaking just the locker? or did you break a axle then the locker?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts