Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had posted in another thread that I was working on getting some traction/ladder bars made. Well the first set finally showed up today and I am VERY pleased with the finished product.

Now I just have to figure pricing out so I can put them on the website.

·
"Smoke A Lil Smoke"
2,054 Posts
I think they look pretty good.Let us know a price when you get it figured out.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
I like them, but you ought to make that logo look a little cooler... leave the .com and www. off there or something...

·
"Smoke A Lil Smoke"
2,054 Posts
I should add that I think it would look better as well if you left the www. and .com off there.I would also just leave the whole thing blank so I could put some cool decal on there like a little ford oval or IH.Most people will come up and ask where I bought something at anyway even if it did say dpppower on it.Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I should add that I think it would look better as well if you left the www. and .com off there.I would also just leave the whole thing blank so I could put some cool decal on there like a little ford oval or IH.Most people will come up and ask where I bought something at anyway even if it did say dpppower on it.Just a thought.
:whs: Looks good though. I like the double bar look compared to the single.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The center section with Diesel Performance Plus home can be left blank or we may even do custom lettering for an additional cost. These were built for my pulling truck so I wanted the web address on them.

Pricing is looking to be in the $500-550 range for a set. I will post something up in the vendors forum with a set price in the next day or two.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
What size are the bolts and dimensions and thickness of the front mount? kind of hard to see from these pics.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice looking product!

I see that they will cancel the torque load on the springs/pinion lifting. But how do these style bars address the forward force to the spring bolt? (Axle trying to drive forward)

Or is this a non issue?
I guess this is a issue that has never come to my attention or was mentioned by anyone that I discussed these with prior to building.

But we can do both the shackle mounts like these or hard mounts if a person feels they would rather have those.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Sweet!!

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
I will do some measuring for you soon as I get a minute.

Thanks that looks a lot better now. I can see it much clearer. If you do get a chance to measure that woudl be great. My concern was the strength of the mount.

·
King Dingaling
9,386 Posts
I agree,..that is a ton of force on that mount....personally I'd like to see it 3" longer w/ 2 more bolts holding it to the frame, and maybe even a side plate to help with the "sheering force" on the bolts.

·
diesel and nothing else
1,620 Posts
keep me posted they look real nice, any news on different lenghts and price?
on edit: Tank has a point there

·
Banned
814 Posts
I agree,..that is a ton of force on that mount....personally I'd like to see it 3" longer w/ 2 more bolts holding it to the frame, and maybe even a side plate to help with the "sheering force" on the bolts.
after seeing the mounts closer i agree with you tank...

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
OK guys am talking with my builder on your concerns. The mounts he is using on these is basically a heavey duty chevy leaf spring bushing/mount. He has been doing this sort of stuff for a few years now and has built and sold several sets of traction bars for pulling trucks and he felt these mounts were sufficient.

The mounting brackets themselves are 1/4" stamped plate that measure 3"x4". The shackle between them is 3/8"x2" plate.

The bushing bolts are 7/16" and the mounting holes are also 7/16". However I will most likely drill the mount bolts out bigger before I mount them.

I am figuring I will go ahead use them as is on my truck and see how they work.

But anything you guys are concerned about or have suggestions on please feel free to throw out here.

1 - 20 of 187 Posts