Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
BRING DA AMBALAMPS
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordering DOM tubing today...should I go with 2" OD and .250 wall or 1 3/4" OD with .250 wall?

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
Ordering DOM tubing today...should I go with 2" OD and .250 wall or 1 3/4" OD with .250 wall?
1 3/4".
2" is way overkill unless all your doing is sled pulling. IMHO

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
well i am ording my DOM tubing as well today and we are actually getting ours from the same guy.

My truck is a daily driver, but i am wanting to hook up to a sled a few times with it, not all the time but from time to time when a local event comes around

so would i be ok with the 1.75" tubing or should i just go for the 2" tubing

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
alright well here is another question

with the rod ends i already know which ones i am getting my question is when i buy the tube adapters and the jam nuts what thread do i need it ask do you want right handed or left. So do they all need to be right or left or do they need to be half and half i know nothing about this part thats why i am asking

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
alright well here is another question

with the rod ends i already know which ones i am getting my question is when i buy the tube adapters and the jam nuts what thread do i need it ask do you want right handed or left. So do they all need to be right or left or do they need to be half and half i know nothing about this part thats why i am asking
Half and half.

Use a right and a left on each side. Rights up top, lefts down low, or the other way around, whichever you prefer.

·
BRING DA AMBALAMPS
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
but what about the thread for the rod end and the tube adapter? if the rod end is right hand, does the tube adapter have to be right hand?

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
but what about the thread for the rod end and the tube adapter? if the rod end is right hand, does the tube adapter have to be right hand?
Yes.

You will need to order:

(2) Right hand Heim Joints
(2) Right hand tube adapters
(2) Right hand jam nuts
(2) Left hand Heim Joints
(2) Left hand tube adapters
(2) left hand jam nuts

or something close to that.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
ok so if you choose a right hand thread then everything for that joint needs to be right handed as well

·
BRING DA AMBALAMPS
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes.

You will need to order:

(2) Right hand Heim Joints
(2) Right hand tube adapters
(2) Right hand jam nuts
(2) Left hand Heim Joints
(2) Left hand tube adapters
(2) left hand jam nuts

or something close to that.

Ok...here's what I got....look ok?

Attachments

• Image uploading. Refresh page to view
    184 KB Views: 39

·
BRING DA AMBALAMPS
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The one thing I just changed is I added 1 right hand thread bushing and 1 left hand thread bushing......

·
BRING DA AMBALAMPS
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
final list....the bars will be between 6'6 and 7 ft long

Attachments

• Image uploading. Refresh page to view
    188 KB Views: 30

·
Registered
132 Posts
Anybody care to post some pictures of the traction bars installed. I'm interested in running bars on my truck.

Thanks,
Jason

·
Busted Knuckles
2,456 Posts
:whs: I was looking at the ballistic fab stuff myself and would love to see some installed. Where did ya'll get your DOM tubing?

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts