Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found a track bar that doesn't rub on the cross member with a 2.5" leveling kit?

There is a thread about the one from TGC rubbing and now I have found out the hard way that the bar from Fabtech also rubs the cross member....mainly because of the diameter of the tube.

I guess Ready Lift was onto something with the track bar drop bracket.....

·
Administrator
32,965 Posts
I can't imagine your axle shifted a noticeable amount with the 2.5 lift to even require a track bar with adjust-ability ?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fabtech bar....if the diameter of the bar were smaller I would have a chance but I have nowhere near enough lift for this bar. I will prob end up getting a drop bracket and going back to the stock one.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just grind a little bit off the cross member. My dads 2011 has an icon adjustable trac bar and it rubbed a little bit but after a small trim it fits awesome.

·
Registered
692 Posts
If the bar is rubbing then your caster isn't set correctly. Mine has at least a .25" of space and has never come in contact with the Icon bar.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
If the bar is rubbing then your caster isn't set correctly. Mine has at least a .25" of space and has never come in contact with the Icon bar.
Do you know what you have your castor set at? And wouldnt more positive castor you put in it make the bar that much closer to the cross member?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So you think caster is the problem? I have no idea what it should be set at or what it's currently set at. Anyone have any specs? I know I have about 1/8" between the bar and cross member but it makes contact over bumps.

Sent from my Xoom using AutoGuide App

1 - 9 of 9 Posts