Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
STILL LEARNING
18,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother has a 94 Powerstroke w a tps issue. It was throwing a code for low voltage from the tps but the truck ran fine.

He got a STANDARD brand tps but it would not plug into the truck. He went to NAPA and got a ECHELIN pigtail adapter for the new tps. He cut and spliced in the new pigtail so the new tps would plug in. But once everything was in, the truck would not come off idle.

Yesterday he got a used tps and piece of harness pigtail from a used truck. The wire colors were different but he was able to wire it in. He is using the used tps that came w the used harness pigtail. AGAIN. not coming off idle. He even put his original tps in and nothing but idle.

Could the new tps, old tps(that did work) and the new used tps all be bad? He is at a loss. He has no scanner. Is there someway to test the tps sensors and his harness?

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
Brad, could this be a problem with the IVS rather then the TPS?

·
Registered
467 Posts
Check the 3 amp fuse in the dash panel.
That is for the IVS.
Should have power on one side, push the pedal and then should close the switch and power the other..
Also the 3 wires to the APS 1 ground, 1 power 5 volt, and 3rd is output signal to PCM.
should be around 2. volt @ Idle and 4. @ full throttle

Good Luck..
John

·
STILL LEARNING
18,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK. My brother I is an ASS. He had the pigtail wired in backwards:doh:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts