Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
I be shufflin
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys did alot of research on these sensors and from what i read in hear the dealership can lower sensors for a lower tire pressure. I went in to talk to them and they said most the can lower is around 5psi from stock which would not help my running toyo mt's which pressure rating is only 65psi. Whats everyone else doing??:doh:

·
Registered
461 Posts
H&S mini maxx and turn the crap off or adjust to whatever pressure you want.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Does the h&s have the capabilities now to recalibrate the speedometer for larger tires like 38's/40's? I know earlier they couldn't. Also can you use then mini max just to delete the warmings without tuning the engine?

·
Registered
461 Posts
You can use zero power (stock) with H&S and not tune while doing TPMS etc. 34.5 is the biggest for now till they upgrade further.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I heard they raised it in 6.7.16 but one person put 37s and it through a engine light I believe.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
461 Posts
I have the latest version and it's stops at 34.5ish. I don't see how an engine code could be thrown. Doesn't make sense.

·
Registered
248 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
I have no idea anymore lol. Sipping some Crown now to help out....

·
Registered
110 Posts
I was using the h&s and returned mine back to stock and left my aftermarket wheels and tires on it with no sensors and it has not thrown a low pressure light. Anyone have any idea why? When you turn it off with the h&s does it disable it for good even after you return it back to stock?

·
Registered
673 Posts
The dealer can set it wherever you want it... Mine is down to 55 or 60 I believe

·
Registered
248 Posts
The h&s will keep the tpms off even after removed. Someone told me they used the h&s for that and spartan for tuning. Quite a while ago I read that

·
Registered
22 Posts
So in theory would I be able to borrow my friends h&s tuner to disable my tpms then return it back to him and be tpms free from then on???

·
Registered
248 Posts
That I am not sure on. If the mini maxx can go from multiple vehicles maybe. I do not have enough experience with that to answer though. Someone else might thoigh

·
I be shufflin
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just a update in case anyone was still wondering i took my truck to local dealer and they were able to drop the tire pressure rating down in order for me to run my Toyo Mt's worked great running 60psi, took them aabout 5 min and done!!

·
First 6.7 PS Destroyer
270 Posts
So in theory would I be able to borrow my friends h&s tuner to disable my tpms then return it back to him and be tpms free from then on???
They are locked to the vin number. Maybe if you purchased the $100 unlock code.

·
Registered
82 Posts
With my new tire/wheel combo my light was off until I drove it about 50 miles, then it came on. Was on for a few days and went off. Drove the 50 miles again and it came back on, staying on. Went to discount tire today, they said they can read the sensors but the truck won't. They are aftermarket sensors, can the dealer take care of this?

·
I be shufflin
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I dunno if they can or not Jon, i bought factory sensors through ford, but im sure it would work the same if all they have to do is retrain the sensors after dropping pressure rating on the truck worth a shot, i was very annoyed with a brand new truck with the low tire pressure light on and heard from alot of poeple there was nothin they could do, until i went back and said ok listen there has to be something and 10 min later it was done haha

·
Registered
5 Posts
I put 22.5's on my dually the other day and aparantly the 350's dont have the sensors. No light on yet. Probably been 400 miles since

·
I be shufflin
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Mine is a F-350 single wheel and it does have them, the dually's which im pretty sure do not have them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts