Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running the Toyo Open country MT 35 12.5 20? How is the road noise?

The road noise will be greater but how much? Can you still use the blue tooth on the HWY? Or should I get the Terra grappler?

The Toyo's look killer

Thanks

·
Registered
545 Posts
The toyo mt will last alot longer, Noise isnt bad.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do-not wont the truck to sound like a monster tuck on the HWY. The MT look better IMO. I have never ran the Toyo MT or been in a truck with them. Only had the Terra Grappler in the past they lasted about 40k each set. The newer trucks seam like they have better sound insulation.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Noise isn't bad at all. I still use my bluetooth hands free mic. The 6.0 motor of mine is way louder than the tires.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Toyos are VERY loud over 50mph. I have a set on my truck right now. They last forever but are not quiet. I cant see how anyone can say there are not that bad. Not trying to make anyone mad but just the facts.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Toyos are VERY loud over 50mph. I have a set on my truck right now. They last forever but are not quiet. I cant see how anyone can say there are not that bad. Not trying to make anyone mad but just the facts.
Mine appear to be quieter after about 40mph. Not sure how your's do the opposite. Weird.

·
Registered
861 Posts
if you do not rotate your tires every oil change they will cup and start making the loud obnoxious noise. I have had 3 sets of 35 1250 18's and they last a long time, the ones i have now are going on 50k miles and still have alot of tread left i believe this set will last to 100k! the last 2 were 76 and 82k miles!

·
I be shufflin
99 Posts
i don't know what you are comparing them too stock tires?? I have ran these tires on 4 different trucks and think they are not loud at all, i get about 60,000 km out of mine with rotating every oil change.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Personally I had them on my last truck and sold it and the person that bought it had a total of 73k on them. Longevity is there and noise was minimal. I personally believe they were the best tires I have ever had. Not to mention minimal weights were needed. I had 37x13.50x20.

·
"Miss me yet" George Bush
317 Posts
Not sure why as this is my 3rd set of the same size but the ones on my 2011 are loud in camparison to my 2 previous sets. My older ones were only loud under 45psi, I have run these from 40-65psi and they are never quiet they might be my last set?

·
7.3 Enthusiast
682 Posts
I've driven on 3 sets of Toyo MT's. 2 sets 35x12.5x20 and a set on 18". On a '02, '05, and a '08.

Quietest MT available IMO. You can almost consider it a AT.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
i have had multiple m/t tires, bfg's, nitto, toyo, kuhmo...i think the Toyos are the best tire out there, they are not silent on the road, but for my personal taste the noise wasnt anything the radio couldlnt cure...if they had 38's for 24's...id have em on my truck now....

·
Registered
207 Posts
Like everyone else said - great tires and probably the quietest MT out there. They are still MT's though so expect a little noise.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i don't know what you are comparing them too stock tires?? I have ran these tires on 4 different trucks and think they are not loud at all, i get about 60,000 km out of mine with rotating every oil change.
Rollinblack I am comparing them to all tires I've had, I have had 35" bfg a/t's, 37" bfg m/t's, 35" good year m/t's, 35" mickey thomson atz, 35" toyo m/t's. This is the only set of tires I have had on my 2011 besides stock. All the other tires have been on trucks with exhaust so maybe thats why they seem so loud. The 37" bfg m/t's seemed quieter than 35" toyo m/t's I have now. All I know is when I get off the interstate I always have to turn my radio down b/c its so loud from trying to cover the noise of my tires. Sorry if I sound like a whiner...lol...btw I have 22,000 miles on them and I can say they wear awesome!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts