Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many miles are you guys getting out of your toyo or goodyear mud terrains? im looking to get the 35 inch and not sure which one to go with.

·
Aint going anywhere fast
3,258 Posts
Subscribing....

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I should have 50k+ on my MT's by the time they are done.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
maybe am going to get 30k on my toyos. But I didn't rotate them very well. With toyos they need to be rotated to last. Guess I learned something.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Toyo MT's... Never had a set go less then 60k... Rotate every 3-5 k and they will last.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Toyos do normally get very good mileage as long as you keep up on rotation.

The new Goodyear Wrangler MT/R Kevlar is too new to get any mileage estimates out of it.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
got about 30k miles on my 285 toyos, but towards the end i stoped rotating them.

·
Lovin the Tuna
8,353 Posts
I would say toyo's. My friend had Goodyears for a while, lasted decent, but the toyo's last longer, and IMO are just all around better tire.

·
Registered
648 Posts
My toyo's have around 40k. They still have pretty decent tread left. My buddy has mtr's (old style) on his truck. I'll have to see what he has on them. Are you talking about the new mtr's, which are bad ass looking? The other problem is that the mtr's are only "D" rated.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
i had the wrangler mtrs. they dont work good for our heavy trucks those are jeep tires. and toyos have to be rotated alot to last

·
Flossin'
2,088 Posts
got about 30k miles on my 285 toyos, but towards the end i stoped rotating them.
And ran them down to racing slicks......

I'd have to see the proof. None of the Toyo's I've been around have lasted that well. Dad tears up M55's like its nothin, my uncle averages 35 on his AT's, and well, your Toyo's sucked balls Joe (lil).

My Cepeks are gonna make 30K, and I wore the #### outta them with a front end that was on the verge of falling off for the first 12K miles or so....

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Cody Cody Cody... You've seen the X... It had almost 55k on those when chelsea pulled them off:poke:... Mine right now have 30k or so...

·
Registered
648 Posts
i second what joe is saying. they are great wearing tires!! i plow snow and tow a bunch of stuff w/ mine. they wear great. just everyone runs them. but then again there aren't many 315/75r16's that are "e" rated.

·
Flossin'
2,088 Posts
Cody Cody Cody... You've seen the X... It had almost 55k on those when chelsea pulled them off:poke:... Mine right now have 30k or so...
I'm not around your truck very often, I don't live at your house like Joe.....

All I can speak of is the tires I've watched get put on, and worn out. Lots of other options that have performed about the same. To me, they are status tires. If they work for you, awesome. I still wouldn't carry them in my bed unless I got them for next to free.

·
If in doubt, tach it out
287 Posts
I have about 40,000 on my MTR's and still have good tread left on them. Whatever you decide on, just make sure you keep them rotated.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
how is the road noise with these tires? probably going to get the 35 12.50 18 because toyo rates it for a 8.5 inch wheel, stock is 8 inch.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Can anybody comment about road noise?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Road noise is minimal. I have ran through a set of Toyo MT and they are not loud at all to me. I am running the cooper stt now. They look almost identical to the toyo and they are a lot cheaper. And in my case cooper makes a 35x13.5 r20 in which toyo does not. But with any mud tire, keep the air pressure right on and rotate as much as you can and they should last.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts