Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody on here towed with their Toyo Proxes before? Iirc they're rated around 3500lbs a piece which would put me right at the limit if I was to tow another diesel truck (my truck with the Proxes on it weighs 7000lbs). Just curious as to just how heavy some people have towed with them and if anyone has had any issues.

Thanx! :D

·
FNG
6,018 Posts
Go ahead and tow with em. They are E rated right? Or even D?

That rating is for the truck and the payload on the truck itself.

It has no bearing on whats on the trailer behind the truck:poke:

Your 6.0 back up and running?

·
FNG
6,018 Posts
Fixed it for ya
I figured Danny knew how to properly load a trailer:poke:

Well on the other hand I guess that depends on whats in the LSU mug at the timeLOL

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got a flight booked to pick it up next weekend. I actually don't see a tow rating on Toyo's site (or the weight capacity I'd seen before for that matter). It just says they're M&S rated :shrug: and have a "V" speed rating (149mph).

·
FNG
6,018 Posts
Got a flight booked to pick it up next weekend. I actually don't see a tow rating on Toyo's site (or the weight capacity I'd seen before for that matter). It just says they're M&S rated :shrug: and have a "V" speed rating (149mph).

Thats what you get for putting a car tire on a superduty:doh:

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lol. It says there's a load rating of 110. Any idea what that means?

**edit** Looked it up and that means the tires are rated for 2337lbs each. So that's 9348lbs. My truck weighs 7000lbs (maybe 7100-7200 with a full tank). So basically that means I can put about an additional 1500lbs on the rear tires to stay within their rated capacity. I think they should be ok.

·
FNG
6,018 Posts

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nah, bringin' a little something to Empire in September. :D

·
WHAT???
1,833 Posts
A little sometimg... Details please