Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who here tows with a 6.4? I'm considering getting an 08 I tow upwards of 26000 lbs using a 6.0 right now an not happy with the economy I'm averaging 7.5mpg towing most of the time an 12.75 unloaded are 6.4's more reliable than 6.0's?

·
GOT WOOD!!!!
648 Posts
X3 for me!!!!!!!!!! LOVE my 6.4 all deleted up though!!!

·
Registered
618 Posts
i tow with my grossing about 32000 in the summer and it does well, i stongly dislike my automatic though actually i hate it i would suggest a manual for towing even though that dosnt seem to be the normal responce thats my thoughts and yes dpf delete is a must have.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This truck has DPF delete sct tuner 19.5 wheels it's setup up pretty well needs egr delete though.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Alrite. If the sct doesn't have it yet consider sending ur tuner into innovative. I'm getting their tunes as we speak. And on the bright side if u do send ur tuner in u don't have to set ur tuner back to stock.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
401 Posts
I cant say they are more reliable, I never had a problem with my 6.0. But what I have read they are either good or bad. Guess I had a good one.
Dont expect that much better fuel mileage towing, more so that much weight.
Towing if you are getting a truck to handle that 26000#, which would be a 450. Towing 18000# tall fiver I get around 8 round trip to the beach and back, but the pull both ways sucks and is hard. Down the freeway cruising I have seen 11 or so.
Now the power is night and day difference, which I am sure if I towed the hills at the same speed my 6.0 went up them I would get better but that isnt any fun.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i tow the weight ur talking about at least 2 times a week on long trips about 450 miles a day i get about 10 to 12 depending on conditions,i never go above 75 though, it tows awesome, ive towed with the 7.3 and the 6.0 also mine is deleted but left on stock, the 6.4 will run circles around the 6.0 i say get it and do delete.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I tow a 5th wheel with mine. I put them on the scales last time I towed and came in at 23000 #s. Cruising at 65-70 towing with that weight I average 10.5 mpg. That is w/doc/dpf delete, Mini maxx set on wild, tranny set to S1L, CAI, 4" downpipe back exhaust. Before the mods towing with that weight only got me 7-8.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts