Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 08 F350 with an SCT tuner loaded with punch it performance tunes, CAI, and 4in open exhaust.

If I upload the 600whp/1100wtq tune, what is the max you would tow with it? Would it be ok to tow a 5,000 lawncare trailer or a my S185 bobcat?

Also, would you guys plow with that high of a hp tune?

The gears seam to drag out quite a bit longer on that level 5 tune and I just wanted to see how much you guys are towing with your hot tunes. Thank for your help!

·
Registered
807 Posts
Agreed with 20007.3psd

·
Registered
390 Posts
It will take a toll on your TC, I always pull heavy (around15K) on my race tunes but did wear out a converter then upgraded to a RCD converter.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
its going to east up your tc, you can pull on higher tunes, watch your temps and I also mean egt and engine temp.

why do you need ot pull with it turned up so high. is beyond me.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, Is it alright to pull heavy loads with the 150hp tune? That's what I have it in and it seems to handle everything fine. The only thing is that tow haul doesn't shift as well as stock so I just leave it out of tow haul.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
what egts are you seeing towing with the 150 tune..

·
Registered
358 Posts
I pull on innovatives highest tune. I only pull a 4k bass boat with the tunes though and I run hard everywhere. No problems what so ever. Over 10k so far and over 100k on my last 08 with no issues.

·
Registered
963 Posts
You can easily tow on a big tune with a 6.4 with factory compounds.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Agreed. If you use some common sense and don't romp on it while towing there is no reason why you can't tow with higher tunes. For the guys asking why, bigger tunes get better mpg. I got 9 mpg towing with Spartan's 210 tow tune, and 13 mpg towing the same load with the 275 tune. Both numbers were hand calculated.

·
Registered
358 Posts
More power equals less pedal usually, which equals less effort to achieve the same results. Not having to work as hard to keep the big girl rolling means less fuel used in doing so. You will almost always get better mileage running the highest tune you have. I always have with every truck. 07 cummins, 07 powerstroke, 08 powerstroke, 13 powerstroke, and another 08 powerstroke lol. All get best mileage results on the highest settings.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.