Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I towed my camp trailer home today to get ready for the season. I just bought this truck a little over a month ago and its the first time i have towed with it. My egts were pretty high and i wasnt even loaded. I am planning on 4 inch exhaust soon and i was planning on getting a custom tuned chip from you guys. I was just wondering if a towing tune will help with power and still lower egts or if im better off running no chip at all? I have a superchip right now that came with the truck but im not real happy with the way it performs and makes the tranny shift. Im just looking for some insight.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Yes you could definitely benefit from going to our custom tuning. Not only will you gain power, mpg, and lower egt's, but our transmission tuning is hands down one of the best in the business. In my opinion the trans tuning alone is worth every penny for custom tuning, and the added power and driveability is an added bonus

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well thats pretty much what i wanted to hear. I took the superchip out today because it just annoys me the way the tranny shifts. It dont have near the power without it but atleast its predictable and more comfortable to drive. Thanks for getting back to me. I was also wondering about your towing tunes. I see there are two different ones. My camp trailer weighs around 9,000lbs loaded and i was going to just get the first one but now im wondering if i should get both. What would you recomend? I dont really want to use up two spots on just towing tunes.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also what 4" exhaust would you recomend? I like the price of the flo pro and diamond line but dont want to end up wishing i had spent the extra money on the mbrp.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Well thats pretty much what i wanted to hear. I took the superchip out today because it just annoys me the way the tranny shifts. It dont have near the power without it but atleast its predictable and more comfortable to drive. Thanks for getting back to me. I was also wondering about your towing tunes. I see there are two different ones. My camp trailer weighs around 9,000lbs loaded and i was going to just get the first one but now im wondering if i should get both. What would you recomend? I dont really want to use up two spots on just towing tunes.
I believe the heavy tow is for trucks w/ bigger injectors, etc.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I believe the heavy tow is for trucks w/ bigger injectors, etc.
Ya i just did some more research and figured that out. Thanks.

·
Hells coming with me
315 Posts
I had the 4" diamond eye on my obs and I have a 5" flo pro on my 6.4 and both of them were great.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had the 4" diamond eye on my obs and I have a 5" flo pro on my 6.4 and both of them were great.
Ok thanks, i think ill go with one of them rather then spend a bunch of extra money on the same thing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts