Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
PSN 7.3
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(02 7.3) I have been pulling my trailer pit and i have been having some issues going uphill the turbo will start to go nuts making noise and it will barely make it going about 50Mph, also when not towing it seem like when i let of the throttle it just slows down immediately. i dont know it it has some kind of back pressure in the fuel system or what anyone have an idea of what is going on.

·
Registered
708 Posts
What kind of noise? It could be surge you're experiencing. Or is it more of a siren sound? That would mean your bearings are going out. The best bet would be to pull the intake side tube and check for shaft play, side to side, and in and out.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Is it making a boost noise or is it making like a metal too metal sound???

Too me it might be a intake leak somewhere:confused:

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
maybe an intercooler boot????

·
PSN 7.3
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it just seems like it has back pressure of some kind even with no load as soon as i let off the throttle it slows as if i am easing on the brakes but i am not.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Do you have a boost or pyro gauge?

·
Jackleg Mechanic
881 Posts
Ebpv sticking maybe.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Sounds like the compressor wheel is toast mine did the same thing I would pull the turbo and rebuild it with a 360 rebuild kit especially if ur towing it will oil better and keep it going longer

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
If an intercooler boot is ripped of disconnected you will loose all your boost and be running on atmospheric pressure, (depending on how bad it is damaged).

Could be the compressor wheel, could be the Ebpv, (that would cause the quicker deceleration)

What have you found out?

·
PSN 7.3
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well so far i havent towed the pit i did notice the water release valve was leaking on the fuel bowl, possibly that was causing the fuel pressure to go down before hitting the injectors. i noticed this because there was fuel all over the block. the thing is when i pulled the old one the O rings didnt look that bad. i will get a 360 rebuild kit as soon as work picks back up and i will let you know what i find out.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Sounds good, The fuel bowl o-rings are a good maintenance item because of the ULSD.

·
PSN 7.3
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ya it seems this model just had a horrible fuel system, atleast on the supply side, you really cant mess up the return. from the pick up assembly having filters in the tank, which i have already moved to the outside to the bowl having a plastic water release valve to the dead head. just seems like you really have to put some work into it to keep those injectors happy dont get me wrong i love the work and to me that is the only problem with the model. but thanks for the info its good to know some ppl are still nice and dont just bash you for what you dont know.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts