Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2004 F250 6.0. Pulling the camper home last weekend, alternator quits on us and left us dead on the side of the highway. My buddy brings me 2 batteries to limp home with. I noticed tow/haul flashing on the way home. Replaced the alternator and serviced the transmission with 2 new filters. Now tow/haul won’t engage but does light up on the dash. The light is steady for a few minutes and then begins to flash. Transmission seems fine otherwise. The light never flashes until I try to put it in tow/haul mode. Could something have happened to the transmission when the truck died after the alternator failed? It did shutter and jerk some before I got off of the highway. Any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Project Shamu
2,921 Posts
The flashing usually means there is codes stored. Try pulling them to get more info.

·
Former Ford Trans Engr.
3,121 Posts
The flashing usually ALWAYS means there is codes stored. Try pulling them to get more info.
There, I fixed it for you.

You need to have the codes read. The places that read codes free CANNOT read these codes. You can download Forscan free at www.forscan.org. You will also need an ELM327 adapter. I bought one from Amazon for less than $30. Or you could take it to a good independent shop or a Ford dealer.

Reactions: Dieselhater

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
P0751 Shift solenoid A performance stuck,
P2700 Transmission friction element A apply time range/performance. I’ve pulled the camper over 1,000 miles over the last few weeks and the transmission is still shifting fine, just no tow/haul.

·
Former Ford Trans Engr.
3,121 Posts
Yes, that appears to be your problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts