Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. So I went and test drove a 6.0 lastnight and I checked it over as good as I could with it being dark, there was no leaks to be seen but I reached up under the boot comin off the turbo and there was some oil so I'm wondering if it wasn't steam cleaned right before it was traded in supposedly it was a grandpa truck and it looks that way as well but I noticed when I hit the tow haul button no light came on on the dash I was just curious if there was a light for it I thought my 04 had the light and my 08 has it so I thinking it does just curious I'm assuming just the Buton would e bad but just curios if there would be any other concerns? I'm gonna go back in the day and check it out more thoroughly just thought I'd throw it up here.

Thanks Kris.

·
That Guy
1,264 Posts
could be a blown fuse...but yes there is a light

·
Registered
963 Posts
Not sure if a light goes on in the dash. Might just come on on the column shifter

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
My 03 is on the column right by the button thats it.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
could be a blown fuse...but yes there is a light
Ya not that worried about that just I know the older trucks the o/d light would flash if the tranny was slipping and thought maybe the tow haul light did the same and it was flashin so they unplugged it sO no one noticed ha I've seen alot of wierd stuff in my day that's why I wonder ha

·
Administrator
33,001 Posts
my 06 has a light on the dash for tow haul

and those boots for the turbo do weep oil it's normal

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my 06 has a light on the dash for tow haul

and those boots for the turbo do weep oil it's normal
K when I go back I'll look at why it's not working,
And alright just the oil from the ccv accumulates and eventually weeps thrue?

·
Administrator
33,001 Posts
yup thats exactly why the boots get oily

cycle the key all the dash lights should illuminate //it may just be a bulb

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yup thats exactly why the boots get oily

cycle the key all the dash lights should illuminate //it may just be a bulb
Ya the check engine light and stuff all came on but didn't see a tow haul light but I'll look better when I go back. Any hidden things to look for on these other than the obvious? I'm gonna pull and inspect the egr if I can test drive it without a salesman.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts