Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
<-Dang Orders...EGR WHAT?
115 Posts
I guess with the time money and brain it could be done. On the ORG their is a thread about a 6.0 turbo on a 7.3

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
Can u put a transmission from the six liter on a 7.3 truck? Don't haze me too bad!
Hmmm. Guess you could, but you would have more $$ into a stock 5R100 than a John Wood or BTS built 4R100 trans would cost you. I have heard that the 4R100 is a better trans....

·
Former Ford Trans Engr.
3,062 Posts
It's possible, but it is going to cost A LOT. First you need an adapter because the TorqShift isn't made with a case that will bolt to a 7.3L. Then you have to find a computer to run it. No Ford computer will work. I hear there is an aftermarket one, but I'd be VERY surprised if it works very well.

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts

·
Built without your taxes
290 Posts
i think if you could get the brains figured out, it would be a great combo

·
Former Ford Trans Engr.
3,062 Posts

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Destroked told me he could build one but someone has to first send him $5-7K for R&D...Get a BTS..PM me if I can get you prices.

·
Former Ford Trans Engr.
3,062 Posts
Destroked told me he could build one but someone has to first send him $5-7K for R&D...Get a BTS..PM me if I can get you prices.
He works cheap! If he can get it done for that it's either going to be junk or he works miracles. It would have expected a zero after each of those numbers, at a minimum. I used to do things like that for a living, and to do it for a TorqShift is a HUGE job. Developing 4R100 programs is child's play compared to what it takes to make a TorqShift work properly.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Mark..that price is just the adapter...thats what he does. No controls. he wants someone to pay for the engineering of the adapter first.

·
Former Ford Trans Engr.
3,062 Posts
Ahhh...that's a reasonable price for an adapter. The computer is going to be A LOT more expensive.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts