Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
lets get smoking
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the torque coverter went out on me on my way to work this morning. So I need some help bad and fast. Where and what is the best torque for my 97 that's around 600$ and can hold up to hauling a bobcat up and down hills and I also plan on putting a set of 'stage 1 injectors in sometime. Please help me please it's my daily driver and the only thing I have to drive

·
Science rulz
1,424 Posts
Well the torque coverter went out on me on my way to work this morning. So I need some help bad and fast. Where and what is the best torque for my 97 that's around 600$ and can hold up to hauling a bobcat up and down hills and I also plan on putting a set of 'stage 1 injectors in sometime. Please help me please it's my daily driver and the only thing I have to drive
Racer X

There's another one that costs $750..

Racer X

The PI Stallion is usually at around $1000 and if you look at this site it's pretty much the greatest thing out there.

·
Busted Knuckles
2,456 Posts
I agree with the PI stallion but at this point in the year it's going to be anything but fast to get to your door. I waited 7 weeks for my BTS that I ordered the beginning of may.

·
Registered
341 Posts
If you're looking for a fast fix, I have a stock one out of a 97 that I'd be willing to sell.

It has around 25-30k on it.

I'll take 100 (+ shipping) for it.

Let me know if you're interested,..............

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
If you spend big bucks on a TC, I would do it only on a fresh trans. When the trans goes, either you buy a new one or pay to have it cut apart and cleaned. Only way I know of is to cut it apart, clean it, weld it back and rebalance it. Cost me $400 last time I did it. Get a stock TC and be happy. When it breaks, you can buy the high dollar unit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts