Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can never get my torque converter to unlock when I'm doing anything above 45mph. As soon as I go below 45 it unlocks and down shifts normally when I hit the throttle. Is this normal? Like if I'm getting on the hiway and want to get going with the traffic I hit the gas and the turbo spools and the trans starts to grawl almost like a manual in too low of a gear and this is with the chip on any setting from 80dd to 100performance

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
that doesnt sound normal to me, I know mine will kick down if I give it the beans.

·
Former Ford Trans Engr.
3,131 Posts
What does it do with the chip removed?

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What does it do with the chip removed?
I haven't tried it I only recently noticed it since the speed limit went up on the interstate here when the chip is off it kickes down but since iv had the chip on the stock setting the truck is just a dog

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
sounds like a chip issue

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya I'm probably just going to give php a call

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did notice that if I'm cruising down the interstate at 70 in 100 performance and I peg the throttle it will kick down but that's about it

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
yeah, thats not right. I actually have to try and be gentle with the throttle when accelerating form 55 or 60 on the highway. If I give it maybe just over half throttle it will downshift.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Don't roll into the throttle completely let off for just a second and floor it. Mine does the same thing and that's what I do. Doesn't really bother me. It's pulls like a bich with the tc locked on the highway.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Don't roll into the throttle completely let off for just a second and floor it. Mine does the same thing and that's what I do. Doesn't really bother me. It's pulls like a bich with the tc locked on the highway.
ya mine pulls pretty hard too ill have to try that

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Also I paid a little more attention to this today. I only have to do this from 70+. Anything under 70 just pegging it from where it's holding at will unlock it.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well it don't really bother me too much because I don't like to beat on my truck at all. I treat her better than my wife most of the time

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
I lug it a little with the tc locked before I throw it into thT high of rpms

1 - 13 of 13 Posts