Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

321 - 340 of 346 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Does this setup read what a sensor is actually doing or what it should be doing? I'm trying to track down a idle issue I believe is caused by the ipr.

I.e to what I'm asking: ipr is 10% torque shows 10% or ipr could be sticking at 13% but torque is showing 10% because that's where the computer thinks it should be.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #322
ipr is an output.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #324
what are you trying to figure out? you should be looking at both ipr and icp together. ICP is the sensor, ipr is the actuator that is used to control icp

·
Registered
24 Posts
My idle will randomly raise up. The problem is usually pretty random hut happening more often. At idle I'll see 580ish psi at the icp and around 10% duty cycle warm but sometimes 12% sometimes 13% it varies this is all at the same temp and hpop pressure and at idle. I have unplugged the icp and still have the issue so it had me leaning towards the ipr. There is no check engine light or any codes.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #326
if you arent seeing icp rise or fall I wouldnt blame ipr

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well it bounces all around from 560 to 600 sometimes bit is right around 580 most of the time. I'll start with ipr I guess just don't want to spend $200 on it and it not correct the issue.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Torque reports values from the PCM's perspective. So it would report the ICP pressure reading, and the duty cycle it's requesting from the IPR. However, if the IPR wiring is bad or the IPR was sticking, the requested duty cycle might not be enacted effectively by the IPR.

IPRs often fail due to an internal o-ring failure, which causes the IPR to be unable to maintain sufficient HPO pressure. The usual symptom is hard/no start because the HPO pressure fails to get up to the required 500 psi.

If unplugging the ICP fixes the problem, you probably have a bad ICP sensor. If unplugging it makes the problem worse, the IPR might be to blame, but not necessarily.

Based on your symptoms, I would check the IPR wiring, particularly the plug itself. Over time, the plug can deteriorate and cause problems. I've seen replacements on eBay.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
9 times out of 10, it's the IPR SOLENOID that fails.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for all this great info! Trying to sift through it all. Is there an issue updated list of formulas and directions to add them? Maybe it needs to be stickied. Excited to try this out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
what bluetooth or wifi plug is everyone using for this iv got a 95 5 speed manual and the one i got says it says my ecu dont support the obd2

·
Registered
19 Posts
Could someone save me a **** ton of reading and tell if they are still running the same equations as the first few posts and if not could you post your current ones please?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have mounted a 10.1" table to my my dash below the ash tray. It looks really nice and clean and I am able to get the table to turn on and off(deep sleep) with the truck. I also have Torque Pro set to turn on and open my real time info page. All of this is automatic with the turn of my key. The only problem I have is that every time I turn the truck on I get the "ECU Problem" box show up and I have to physically press the OK button for it to go away and start reading my PIDs. Is there any way to get rid of this "Error" from showing up every time I start my truck?

Attachments

·
Registered
156 Posts
That's a really sharp installation. Nice job!

I don't know a solution to the error message. I wish I did, because it bugs me, too.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Will the torque app read actual HPOP pressure? In a custom tune, will the ICP ask for more than 2200-2400?

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Yes to both.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
600 Posts
Thank you!

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #338
an analogue pressure gauge for testing HPO is very inexpensive to make up. under $50 iirc.
you need a -05orb to -03 jic adapter, a length or -03 line, and likely a pipe thread adapter to match whatever 4000psi gauge you choose.

I just asked the counter guys at the hydraulic shop we use to make me one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Newbie looking for some help with Torque Pro. 1997 F350 7.3 Powerstroke. Manufacture date of 02/97

Just picked up a BAFX dongle and Torque Pro. Downloaded the extended Ford (inc powerstroke) pids. Also manually entered a few pids as outlined in a few of these posts. When connecting Torque to Dongle, i get the pop up "ECU problem...The ECU is reporting that it does not support the reading of any PIDS...etc. I click OK and do get readings on the PIDS i have selected. Torque also shows it has a connection to Bluetooth, To adapter, and Connection to ECU. 0 errors for Adapter Error Count. Problem is, after a second or two, the truck stumbles and then shuts off? Again, I do get data to the PIDS i have selected. I have unchecked the "periodically scan for faults" box under settings. I have also tried both with and without the Ford ECU bug workaround. Truck does the same thing everytime?

I have not tried to scan for any codes yet, was just simply playing around and wanted to see real time data. I've read all 34 pages of this thread and didn't notice anything about this problem? I've read alot of 97 owners are successful here? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #340
it is mentioned many many times. disable 'automatically scan for codes.' it resets the pcm on these trucks. scan for codes didnt work last i tried on a 7.3 with torquepro

321 - 340 of 346 Posts