Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

301 - 320 of 346 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ud think the app would have this stuff figured out by now or at least pay these guys that have to figure it out for him. Ive read through this stuff and bn researching this stuff for a couple hrs this morning and have no idea how they figured it out. Respect to those that have thanks for the list 79jasper

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Well if you convert it to a .csv file, you can put that in the torque folder in your phone. Then be able to click the download pids.
I'll make it into a .csv. make take a few days though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
I used to be able to use the torque app but I recently got a new phone galaxy note 4 and I installed a hydra chip now when I try and connect torque has an error message saying my truck does not support torque and my truck will stall. I deleted all pids and it is still doing this. Any ideas? Isn't there an option in settings that prevents torque from running a diagnostic while the truck is running?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Settings >Speech/Alarm Settings >uncheck the "Periodically scan for faults" option.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Finally got the app and OBS specific PIDs installed. However, not getting any readings on OBS Boost; needle doesn't even move. Confirmed Baro2 OBS has a value (steady at ~14.6 psi). What am I missing or doing wrong? This is the formula I have installed: ((((A*256)+B)*0.00109)-16.03)-Baro(). Should I add a different PID?

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Maybe try the alternate boost pid.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Boost obs alternate
((((A*256)+B)*0.00109)-16.03)-Val{Baro 42 psia}

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks for the formula. However, that PID isn't working either. It appears as if the gauge isn't even active (no reading, no green activity light, etc.). Other PIDs appear to be working correctly. Any other ideas to get the boost reading?

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Maybe a bad sensor. Or bad wiring.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #311
that would be the MAP sensor so very bad if it isnt working

both formula work so we arent going to figure it out from here

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #312
Finally got the app and OBS specific PIDs installed. However, not getting any readings on OBS Boost; needle doesn't even move. Confirmed Baro2 OBS has a value (steady at ~14.6 psi). What am I missing or doing wrong? This is the formula I have installed: ((((A*256)+B)*0.00109)-16.03)-Baro(). Should I add a different PID?
try removing the BARO completely and see if it reads absolute.

list the entire PID you entered in this format please

Mode/PID: 221452
Long name: Boost OBS
Short name: Boost
Min value: 0
Max value: 60
Scale: x1
Unit: psi
Equation: ((((A*256)+B*0.00109)-15.73)-Baro()
Header: C410F1

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks for the info. I'll remove BARO from the equation and report back. This is the PID I have entered, looks like I might have an extra closed parenthesis after the "B". Can't hear any turbo whistle, but runs fine. No smoke, good mpg. Will investigate MAP sensor and possible sticking EBPV. I'll jump in on some other threads so this torque one doesn't get off topic.

Mode/PID: 221452
Long name: Boost OBS
Short name: Boost OBS
Max value: 60
Unit: psi
Equation: ((((A*256)+B)*0.00109)-16.03)-Baro()

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just picked up my Bluetooth OBD2 and started messing with torque last night. I'm glad I found this thread. So much to learn. Also since my old eyes don't work so well anymore I think a 10" Nexus tablet may be coming soon too.

Thank you all for your hard work on this.

Cheers!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm at a loss to get my EOT to read in fahrenheit? I have tried tweaking it mathmaticaly and switching the C/F parameter.
This is the PID I'm using:
EOT:
Long Name: OBS Engine Oil Temp
Short name: EOT
Max value: 250
Unit: F
Equation: (((A*256)+B)/100)-40

What am I missing?

·
Registered
156 Posts
I'm at a loss to get my EOT to read in fahrenheit? I have tried tweaking it mathmaticaly and switching the C/F parameter.
This is the PID I'm using:
EOT:
Long Name: OBS Engine Oil Temp
Short name: EOT
Max value: 250
Unit: F
Equation: (((A*256)+B)/100)-40

What am I missing?
The EOT PID I'm using is the standard one that you get when you add the Ford (incl PowerStroke) predefined set; it's not a PID unique to the OBS trucks. Differences from your definition:

Max value: 300
Unit: C
Header: Auto
Diagnostic start command: <undefined/empty>
Diagnostic stop command: <undefined/empty>
Overrides PID: Does not override any PID

This works just fine on my 1997. However, it reads in *F, so I should change the Unit to F.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thanks, I will give that a go.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #318
what do you have the torque app default set to?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, I am trying to get IAT to on my '96 E350 with 7.3L. I have got every other sensor to work by using the FORD predefined PIDs in Torque Pro. I got IAT to display, but it was showing "-4" but the actual temperature outside temperature was around 48*F. I am thinking it is either wrong equation or my sensor? When I unplugged the sensor it went to a very high negative number, -30 or -40. I would also like to display the value in Celsius rather than Fahrenheit as I am in Canada.

Current Equation: (((A*256)+B)*-0.00370)+193.39

·
Registered
193 Posts
My PID for IATf is:

(((A*256)+B)*-0.00314)+193.34

Maybe try it and see if it makes a difference ?

Can't hurt.

Dan

301 - 320 of 346 Posts