Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want a tool box for my bed. any recommendations on what type or where i can get one? home depot?

got a white 05 long bed extended cab. i want a black diamond plate box to sit up against where my cab is in the front of my bed.

i am going to eventually run my nitrous from it and also my air compressor for my train horns. is their ones that have a removable or slidable top shelf i can put small tools and tie downs in? if not ill just have my one buddy that welds make me one. i know its added weight of a hundred pounds or so? but it will help me look more like a sleeper when i get my new turbo :D

·
Bill
281 Posts
I know the lowes around hear in phoeniex sells them. Im getting ready to by a chest style. They dont cost to much.

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
TSC, might also get a large roll around chest type work box from Home Depot & bolt er down good. They will fit, cost about the same, & are very tough!

·
Registered
579 Posts
yea TSC ive found to have the cheapest price, but you can check out any truck outfitter store, they typically cary UWS or similar tho, and can get spendy.

·
Got 'Er Did
441 Posts
find a John Deere Dealership
ask to see the tool catolog
a lot cheaper then anywhere i could find
trust me i worked at one;)

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
I have a diamond plate chest type box that does not stick up over the frame rails. It sits down inside the bed so you can still run a Tonneau cover if you want. I wouldn't have it any other way, I love the look.

Just a though.

I had a weather guard box in my 91 that was TOUGH. Had 4-5 people sitting on it many times, 4 wheelers on it, etc and it never bobbled.
Don't know the brand of my current chest type, but it's a POS.

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
I have a diamond plate chest type box that does not stick up over the frame rails. It sits down inside the bed so you can still run a Tonneau cover if you want. I wouldn't have it any other way, I love the look.

Just a though.

I had a weather guard box in my 91 that was TOUGH. Had 4-5 people sitting on it many times, 4 wheelers on it, etc and it never bobbled.
Don't know the brand of my current chest type, but it's a POS.
Just remember though that a Weather Guard can cost up to $500-$600. The cool stuff ain't always cheap! :(

·
PSN nerd
2,301 Posts
pro-tech, weathergaurd, rki

i know theres dealers for them in the san diego area i dont know who has them up in your neck of the woods. i think the protech is one of the nicest lookin boxes and just as tough as a weathergaurd or rki

1 - 12 of 12 Posts