Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i found an 04 6.0 with 217,000 miles or 350,000km for only $4000CAD that is plated and supposily runs good. he said they have done nothing to the motor unless the previous owner did. it has a high idle switch, and i know people will say 1 mile is too many for a 6.0, but should i have a look at it or not? he said the only problem is the heat doesn't work.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
as in, puts out no heat? Or the fan doesnt work? If it has no heat with the fan working, could be signs of a major problem.

·
import basher
486 Posts
If the fan goes on and the heat doesn't work unless your at throttle, it's a really bad blown head gasket. I'd stay away.

·
Registered
351 Posts
i found an 04 6.0 with 217,000 miles or 350,000km for only $4000CAD that is plated and supposily runs good. he said they have done nothing to the motor unless the previous owner did. it has a high idle switch, and i know people will say 1 mile is too many for a 6.0, but should i have a look at it or not? he said the only problem is the heat doesn't work.
Im insulted! Love my 6.0

·
Registered
42 Posts
If you hang with these people you'd be much farther ahead to move on, maybe a cummins or a Duramax you'll never be satisfied with a 6.0,Before I did I;d cruise thoghs websites a bit, I've been there and those engines have their own sets of expensive issues too. I have an 07 6.0 with 112,500 miles and I love it......it blows nice heat in these cold Maine winter though. with that many miles and supposedly nothing being done to the engine up to this point the no heat issue would be a definite red flag. I'd take a ScangaugeII with the proper Xgauges pre programed with me IF I decided to give the truck a look. If everything checks out and the chassis is in good shape the price wouldn't scare me. Do your homework and you'll be ok.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Had the same issue, fan worked with no heat unless you were going down the road at 55-60......Bad head gasket. Good time to bulletproof!

·
Registered
421 Posts
It depends on what you're up for. If you're looking for something to call immediate reliable transportation and not prepared to put a substantial amount of money into it, I'd agree, stay away.

Is the truck 2wd or 4wd? If it's 4wd that's quite a nice price. If you're into buying a project, go for it (imho, anyone who isn't in for a project should never buy a 6.0 PSD). If you don't mind doing head gaskets, oil cooler, etc. etc., it's not a bad deal.

Of course, that's just my $0.02...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its a 4x4, i'm ok with doing a bit of work to something before I drive it but don't want to dump big money into it, for it to be reliable, something to think about I guess

·
D66stroke
418 Posts
217,000 aint shyt. At 4k you're way ahead of the game as far as bulletproofing. If the truck is in overall good shape that's a steal, even better if the starting price is 4,000

1 - 9 of 9 Posts