Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Loves OBS Trucks
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Just curious what you guys think.... i have been driving it a bit... its a 10 second car up here at this altitude and would be 9s in good air...

Do you think i am just asking for trouble with it being so loud and driving it on the street? All the lights work, it has a 12 point cage in it, license plates, insurance, and DOT tires... Full exhaust too

·
Diesel Huffer
908 Posts
just depends, on the area, and how bad the cops want to ticket ya, never had problems with any of my cars, or bikes with loud exhaust, check local laws to.

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
I don't know, but it sound fkin WICKED.

I can't believe how well that car launches and 60's on the stock suspension...

·
Loves OBS Trucks
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't know, but it sound fkin WICKED.

I can't believe how well that car launches and 60's on the stock suspension...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMAEFi1uTe0
Thanks, its been a 2 year project and finally Saturday was the first time to street drive it, and the first time to wash it in over 2 years...

Finally getting there...

To be honest with you i dunno how either.... Its getting bigger slicks today, and hopefully suspension by the mid season.... hoping for 1.43-1.45s on spray...

BTW that pass is without exhaust on it, just open headers....

·
28 cent #2
2,874 Posts
Maybe run a exhaust with cut outs for the track and mufflers for the street? I can't watch the vids at work but its a solution that comes to mind so you can have both and its still going to sound wicked with mufflers.

·
Loves OBS Trucks
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It has mufflers on it now.... haha still pretty damn loud. Full three inch exhaust makes it loud and raspy.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
I dont think its any louder than say a ricer with exhaust, obviously its louder but sounds better haha. I think as long as you are smart, you could drive it. If you wanna drive it wrecklessly on the street, your askin for it. It would be a nice car to hot rod on a nice sunny day.

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
If you drive it with respect maybe you wont get pulled over. We used to drive my buds carbed alky. fueled nova on the street and it had a stupid high compression 498 with dyno max bullits on it 4" ex. We just eased around and never had issues.

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
The magnaflow fully weleded or the dynomax fully welded seems to quiet it down a bunch and still be a straight through muffler that will hold up. Your car sounds bad ass though.......

·
Loves OBS Trucks
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys... It seems to keep me happy and out of trouble (when im at the track, this is the first time ive been able to drive it streetable since it was in the 14s)

·
Registered
699 Posts
I would say you are fine, but it is just taking the risk. It's just one more thing to give a cop a reason to pull you over, but they may not too. I've got an OBS with a 351 that I just completely un bolted the exhaust, I just had the exhaust manifolds and that was it. It was f-in loud, and a friend said I had sparks/flames coming out under the truck. I couldn't have my windows down in traffic or in neighborhoods because the echo off cars or houses made my ears hurt. I drove it like that for months around town here, and took it to downtown Denver on and off and never had a problem with the cops. I got flipped off atleast once every time I drove it though, so I'm sure long enough and I would have gotten harassed about it. But you are even more legal than me, you atleast have the whole exhaust on there, you are trying to do the right thing.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Im sure your neighbors love it!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts