Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Sponge
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm cleaning up the old dana 60 and some odds-n-end chassis parts from a donor truck and I plan on painting the parts. But the highs this time of year are in the thirties. My garage is detached and unheated. My wife won't let me paint the stuff in the living room:shrug:. The axle is a bit heavy to be carrying through the house anyway.

I think it will take a while to warm that much steel up to painting temp. Then the paint takes a little while to dry. So trying to heat the whole uninsulated garage for that long seems wasteful. And I only have a couple little electric space heaters anyway.

I was thinking of buying a sheet or two of foam from Lowe's and making a long box out of it. That way I could plug in a small heater and blow warm air through the box and maybe thaw those pieces out. But sheet foam isn't cheap and I'd have to slap it together. So has anyone else had to deal with this? Any creative solutions for this problem?

·
just a welding fool.
1,097 Posts
if you're brushing it, its fine, it's just gonna take a little longer to dry. you could just set up a space heater to warm up the area for the amount of time you're working there.

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
Make a plastic tent if you just need to warm a small area.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts