Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Peon
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a pair of Tony Lamas that are my everyday boots but they both need new heels and one of them has a hole worn completely through the sole so I'm going to need to send them out for repair. There isn't a local cobbler that is any good and since I'm not sure where to send them I'm looking for recommendations if anyone knows a good boot repair shop that takes mail-in orders. I looked over the Tony Lama site but didn't find a link for any sort of factory-rebuilding/repair service. FWIW, since the leather is in solid condition--bullhide bottoms and deerskin (IIRC) tops it would be wasteful to throw the boots out just when they're comfortable and well broken-in...

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
I have never sent my boots out to get repaired, always been able to find a place local... Might try other boot makers sites... Danner, West Coast...

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
I will give Leddy's and Mercedes here in Fort Worth a call on Monday. If they don't, they will know somebody who does. Might try Nocona boots. I think they make Tony Lama's.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I will give Leddy's and Mercedes here in Fort Worth a call on Monday. If they don't, they will know somebody who does. Might try Nocona boots. I think they make Tony Lama's.
A good quality cobbler shop should be able to help you. My first set of boots were Tony Lama's and I had to get them resoled several times. It is harder these days to find an expert in house cobbler shop due to our throw away society.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
If they want to put half soles on, don't waste your time. And since the boot needs to be taken apart, it is a perfect time to have them custom fit. If you don't, they are going to have a really hard time getting them back exactly like they are now.

·
Caption This
4,258 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts