Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just bought a 97 4x4 and im wanting to build a puller and play truck dosnt have to be driven on the road just for fun and to build a little power should i keep the 7.3 or should i swap a 12v in it and have another fummins looking for 450 i do not know huch about the obs trucks but i dont know what the most cost effective way

·
Premium Member
15,560 Posts
stage 2 injectors, 17* or better hpop, elec fuel, modded h2e turbo, intercooler, pushrods and a built trans.

parkerfly made 467hp on that setup.

·
OverFuelingForYourPlesure
1,609 Posts
for 450hp stay with the 7.3 no question, give swamps a call and they'll set you up:D

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
for 450hp stay with the 7.3 no question, give swamps a call and they'll set you up:D
im retarded in this subject matter lol but what class can i enter in and be competitive in with that kind of hp. and will i need to improve my bottom end a local mechanic said after 450 the block cannot hold up but... usualy dealer mechanics do not know what there talking about in performance applications.. but better safe than sorry ... im sure someone on here can answer my question more than adequately:D

·
OverFuelingForYourPlesure
1,609 Posts
swamps have several trucks around 700hp and stock bottom ends.

with 450 you should be able to do pretty decent in a work stock class

·
Premium Member
15,560 Posts
swamps, beans, DI, truck source, unlimited.... there are many sponsors that can sell ya the parts and support you need to get ya there.

just remember your gonna need a trans that can hold it too.

·
Premium Member
15,560 Posts
if your on a budget I would check out some of your local trans shops and ask if they can build a trans. but if you got the coin then a BTS is well worth it.

·
Davey B
930 Posts
If you plan on keeping the truck for awhile and pulling with it, i would just save up for the bts. Brian takes great care of his customers. Most local trans shops will deny your warranty if your pulling with the truck or racing it but brian stands behind his work

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
I'm a BTS dealer..PM sent

·
Peon Extraordinaire
1,880 Posts
Where are you located? I might have the BTS from my '96 for sale in a month...

Sam

1 - 20 of 23 Posts