Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok can't decide if i want to do stacks or not and have a few questions. How do you keep rain out of them? Would the turnout help? How do the stack covers that hide the y fit and the most important question how big is to big. I am thinking 8" would look sweet. If you have any pics of yours or good info on a good complete kit post it up please.

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
I had a single 6" mitre on my truck. It made a mess, so I don't plan on putting it back on ever. They make stack caps for them that you can put on while your truck is parked. As for when its raining and your driving, or out....BIG MESS. They sound good, but there is a bad drone at certain speeds that would just about give me a headache.

·
Wyoming Cowboy
59 Posts
Ok can't decide if i want to do stacks or not and have a few questions. How do you keep rain out of them? Would the turnout help? How do the stack covers that hide the y fit and the most important question how big is to big. I am thinking 8" would look sweet. If you have any pics of yours or good info on a good complete kit post it up please.
Not sure you can keep the rain out...especially when driving/using your truck.

I have black all over my truck during rain events but other than that it's not too bad. I like the look of 8" but to each their own and I don't have any drone as others have encountered but it is loud when you mash the go pedal.

Cheers,

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help guys i think i am going to pass really dont want to was the truck anymore then i have to or have to put rain caps on. I might look in to dual tail pipes with some large tips.

·
<--Under the Knife Again
1,400 Posts
I have the rain caps on my pipes. Dual 6 inch mitres with the rain flappers. They look good. Ive never had water in them since i put them on. Just condensation build up over cold nights.

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Not sure you can keep the rain out...especially when driving/using your truck.

I have black all over my truck during rain events but other than that it's not too bad. I like the look of 8" but to each their own and I don't have any drone as others have encountered but it is loud when you mash the go pedal.

Cheers,

Ya i had a bad drone with my stacks. Plus it would blow chit out everywere...I thought your truck looked familer And then i seen the second place performance sticker and bingo I have seen it around looks good...I think you have about every aftermarket thing known to man on that truck lol I bet wyoming customs loves you j/k man Truck looks sick

·
Registered
653 Posts
but there is a bad drone at certain speeds that would just about give me a headache.
I love it!! I drive around with my rear window open all the time:D I don't know how many times I've gone to or from Red Deer(3.5 hours) just listening to my exhaust.

I'm not sure about the 350 tune or Eric's big tune, but the 345 has such a wicked rumble to it! Finally I can say I like the sound of this truck as much as my 6.0.

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
I love it!! I drive around with my rear window open all the time:D I don't know how many times I've gone to or from Red Deer(3.5 hours) just listening to my exhaust.

I'm not sure about the 350 tune or Eric's big tune, but the 345 has such a wicked rumble to it! Finally I can say I like the sound of this truck as much as my 6.0.

LOL dued you are a die hard!!!

·
Registered
653 Posts
LOL dued you are a die hard!!!
:evil:evil

The exhaust noise is my music. And once you've driven a C15 with 8" strait pipes, jaking down a hill with 110,000 pound load, nothing is to loudLOL That sh!t makes your voice sound like you are blowing into a fan and your vision blurryLOL Damn I miss that truck:doh:

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts

The exhaust noise is my music. And once you've driven a C15 with 8" strait pipes, jaking down a hill with 110,000 pound load, nothing is to loudLOL That sh!t makes your voice sound like you are blowing into a fan and your vision blurryLOL Damn I miss that truck:doh:
LOL

·
<--Under the Knife Again
1,400 Posts

Every bit of that is true. They are f'k loud as hell. The only thing i no that is louder is a C18 with 8 inch straights pullin 200,00 jakin down a hill. Ur voice is like darthvader and same here i love my stacks. my slider is open all the time and the radio hasnt been on loud since i put them in id rather here the music of the stacks.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Every bit of that is true. They are f'k loud as hell. The only thing i no that is louder is a C18 with 8 inch straights pullin 200,00 jakin down a hill. Ur voice is like darthvader and same here i love my stacks. my slider is open all the time and the radio hasnt been on loud since i put them in id rather here the music of the stacks.
My buddy had a N14 with 8" straits, no bull the rear window on his daycab 378 would deflect like a subwooferLOLLOL Needless to say he put a muffler under the cab. No way anyone can truck 14 hours and not go insane with that much noise.

·
<--Under the Knife Again
1,400 Posts
My buddy had a N14 with 8" straits, no bull the rear window on his daycab 378 would deflect like a subwooferLOLLOL Needless to say he put a muffler under the cab. No way anyone can truck 14 hours and not go insane with that much noise.
Holy chit not that is to much. LOL It had to sound pretty sick tho. But sometimes u need comfort over the sound. I gotta say our day cab western star with the C18 is f'k to loud but they dont care it looks damn good. Just gotta love stacks. Do u like the single over duals? ive been thinkin about switchin over to a single 8 but idk how it will look and sound.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
There is a guy that comes through town here he halls rock a semi must have daul12" stacks sound awesome but he insists on j braking it when he comes to the stop light kinda gets old don't know how he stands it all day.

·
<--Under the Knife Again
1,400 Posts
There is a guy that comes through town here he halls rock a semi must have daul12" stacks sound awesome but he insists on j braking it when he comes to the stop light kinda gets old don't know how he stands it all day.
That sounds sick. Hes probably loaded so he has too. LOL i no i would even empty.

·
Registered
388 Posts
If you are going to race you need a stack so when your turbo blows apart it won't hit the croud. Lol that's what I tell people actually the main reason for stacks is so you do not trip the tree if there is a tail wind during spool up. I would have a hard time giving up the box space for my sled deck etc. Klutch has a sweet single 8 black chrome from powerstroker and it is bad azz

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
If you are going to race you need a stack so when your turbo blows apart it won't hit the croud. Lol that's what I tell people actually the main reason for stacks is so you do not trip the tree if there is a tail wind during spool up. I would have a hard time giving up the box space for my sled deck etc. Klutch has a sweet single 8 black chrome from powerstroker and it is bad azz
Just to add to this....these trucks don't blow smoke while building boost on the line....at least I can keep mine from blowing any. May be different with bigger turbo's and a lot more fuel, but stock turbo's, injectors, and HPFP, you can definitely keep it clean. I have had Cummins buddies ask if I was even leaving with boost off the line because its so clean until I actually leave the line.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts