Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

TO PULL OR NOT TO PULL

3K views 26 replies 19 participants last post by  uga33 
#1 ·
Need advice, im thinkin about putin my truck in a truck pull next month I need to know what people think....i got an 08 f 250 with the spartan 275 tune, straight pipe and intake...what do ya guys think?:ford:

#2 ·
Ill tell ya it is so much fun pulling but you have to keep in mind that #### can and will eventually break so if you got the money to play do it. I got out while I was still ahead!!!

#4 ·
My truck is my dd and I enjoy driving it to work daily and its always ready to go. I recently was f'ng around not hooked to a sled but a moderate load(truck and trailer 19800#)and popped my trans. Even though its a bts and shipping was all I was out financially. The 6 weeks I was down was brutal to say the least. Either driving the wifes excursion or my ktm cycle to work vs. my truck simply sucked.
Unless I have a vehicle dedicated to sport (pull or drag) I wont risk it.
My $.02

#8 ·
If your just going for fun and not to compete. Run a little lower tune and have fun. Maybe even the 250. It will still have more power than your average tuned 6.0. Biggest thing is if the truck starts to hop, get off the throttle... if you can't afford to break it or have the truck down for a while, don't do it. Drag racing is no different then than a rip down the street. Pulling puts a lot of stress on everything. I plan to pull with mine in the fall, but with the 250/275 tunes. It will greatly reduce the risk of breaking stuff.

#9 ·
The key is just how much you push it my friend and something could still happen. Pay to play. I've seen our superdutys take alot pulling sleds and those guys who are level headed about it usually dont break anything....although there is a little loss in the wear and tear department I'm sure. lol Like was said before a good time to ease off or stop is when that first hop happens. I vote pull!!

#10 ·
most you guys pullin in 4hi or low?

#11 ·
4 low, manually shift 1-2, 2-3 and leave it in 3. Some like to leave it in drive and just let it shift.

#15 ·
Front end will bounce like nuts. No dam 6.4's pull around here and peeves me off!!!! i'd strap it down.

#24 ·
No, I was complementing the hs 300 tune. Jeff has done work with his truck,
Nitrous blue rhino
Or
Not

#26 ·
Man d and 4 hi. He must have a 700 hp truck then. 4 lo and drive. Come out nice and easy and then matt it. Syraping the front end will help a lot too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.