Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to decide between deleting everything or going with Innovatives tunes stacked with the Torq2. Ive heard good things about both but i dont know which route i should go, any feedback on these is greatly appreciated!!

·
I be shufflin
99 Posts
I am wondering the same, i had a spartan on my 09 6.4L and had a few tranny issues i have never ran H&S but ya any feedback would be great along with fuel increase either way ?

·
Registered
47 Posts
am running the Innovative combination with great results. If you are leary about doing deletes I wouldn't hesitate. I am currently looking to sell my setup though as I think I want to take it to the next level. I hope this helps.

Chris

·
Mmh what next
211 Posts
If u plan on keeping ur truck for a long time getting rid of the Dpf and egr will add alot more life to the motor main reason I am deleting

·
Registered
50 Posts
I was deleted with the spartan on my 11 truck and now on my 12 im running the innovative x street. This truck runs better with erics tuning than deleted,it is not as powerful but the mpg is better. Talking with eric and he says with the urea added you have nothing to worry about as far as dpf problems!

·
First 6.7 PS Destroyer
270 Posts
I'm deleted and I love it. Sounds awesome and runs even better.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I noticed a little more turbo lag after I deleted but I love the sound so I can deal with it.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
461 Posts
It's worth it for the mileage gain alone.

·
Black Gold
570 Posts
i am in the same boat, iv heard more good things bout not deleting than deleting, that and the way the governments goin now, IL is bound to have emission inspections soon

·
Registered
248 Posts
I am glad I don't live in a town for emissions. Even though Illinois doesn't test diesels yet. Although I never saw a big mileage increase after deleting. Maybe my mileage will stay the same after I lift and put my tires on. ?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I was deleted with the spartan on my 11 truck and now on my 12 im running the innovative x street. This truck runs better with erics tuning than deleted,it is not as powerful but the mpg is better. Talking with eric and he says with the urea added you have nothing to worry about as far as dpf problems!
How would the DEF help with DPF problems? I believe it goes in after the DPF, and it has nothing to do with the SOOT, it's to lower the NOX emissions, not the particulates.. your DPF will still clog up much quicker if you tune without deleting I would bet.

·
amxgilligan
16 Posts
I am new to this whole Diesel engine thing. I'm trying to learn everything I can so forgive my ignorance. What does everyone mean by "deleting" ?

amxgilligan
2004 6.0 Supercrew Lariat 2WD, 120K Miles

·
Registered
26 Posts
deleting in the removal of the DPF system and other emission related equipment on the truck like the EGR. And any tuning without removing the DPF to me is bad, it will clog the filter faster, make you burn more fuel, run higher EGT's, and also reduce the life of your DPF system. they will burn up and need to be replaced which is thousands of dollars.

·
amxgilligan
16 Posts
Generally, what does it cost to do an EGR Delete. Is it really difficult and lengthy for a do it yourself mechanic to do ? Also, I live in Tennessee. Does anyone know if TN vehicle emissions inspections check for EGR valves ? I would hate to do an EGR delete and find out I have to reinstall it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
a basic EGR delete is normaly around 150-300 depending on truck and brand. but you can also get up to 1000+ if you do a EGR delete and a wastegate or something like that. also some tunes can turn the EGR off without deleting it. i have heard the 6.4's are hard to delete the EGR because you have to pull the head or something, i never did it on mine. but ive been looking at the 6.7 EGR deletes for my new truck and they look easy, just block off plates really.

·
Registered
475 Posts
The EGR deletes on the 6.7 are much easier than on the 6.4's due mostly to the location of the EGR coolers(now both are right on top of the right cylinder head or valve cover). The 6.4's had the first cooler alone the left side lower part of the engine and the second can vertical up the left front corner of the engine. As of now there is no wastegate kit style EGR delete for the 6.7's so your choices are a simple pair of plates which also double as the EGT temp sensor relocation kit or a full cooler delete kit. The tuning from Spartan and H+S already turn the EGR off if your running the Delete tuning. The advantage to removing the coolers is to reduce the water temps in the cooling system that is for the intercooler or air charge temps. Because the EGR and intercooler use the same coolant, pump and radiator you stop heat soak from the engine into that system if the coolers are removed.

·
I be shufflin
99 Posts
What are you seeing for MPG increase i want to know numbers to compare both im not worried about power i had to much power with my 09 6.4L and all it does is costs money in the long run i want to gain MPG thats it.

·
Registered
674 Posts
On the 6.7L, If you are going to keep it for more than 3 years, do the deletes just to get rid of the real problem, EGR and it's killing effects. Removing the EGR will increase longevedy and reduce soot & wear problems down the road. If it's the usual 3-4 year ownership, I wouldn't bother. Not enough gains to either recoup the cost, gain major power, potential risk of warranty loss, or go through the hassle and effort of replacing the exhaust parts.

·
amxgilligan
16 Posts
Can you delete the EGR by a tune and not physically remove it on the 2004 6.0 ?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts