Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey its been a while since i've been on here. I found an obs powerstroke but i would like some input on it. Hes only askin $1200 because it needs a wiring harness on the engine. Its a 95 ext cab 4x4. trans is supposed to have been rebuilt 10k miles ago. He states the wiring in the valve covers is bad. Any input will be appriciated.
thanks!

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
UVCH? aint that bad, kinda steep on $ depending on what your funds are but id say its a heck of a deal. even if it turns out bad parting it out should yield a bigger payout then whats invested into it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If anything thats something i could do. Im not too familiar with powerstrokes as im a dodge guy but i know a little. The only electronics in the valve covers is the injector harness right?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok got a call from the owner. the truck has around 110k on it. He mentioned that it had a condition called flame out? He said the wiring harness going into the valve covers is shorted out and that it needs the injector harness. Its been setting for a while so the batteries are dead. But he said it has a new fuel heater and hpop as well.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
nope, theres also the IPR and a lot more in the valve covers but they arent run off the UVCH iirc. either way id say if it doesnt work out for you you should be able to flip it for a good chunk of change or part it out and make your money back and some more but dont hold me to it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well im gonna go look at it and probly buy it. I found the wiring harness fairly cheap so we'll see how it goes. Thanks for your input

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
no problem anything to try and help someone out.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
1st off dont forget to disconnect the battery just to be on the safe side, pull the valve covers, unclip the harness and then vice versa. if i remember right the turbo stays on but i dont remember exactly, but i see no reason why you would have to remove it in my mind, i havent changed one though.

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
You got to it just before I did, lol. It's about 20 minutes from me.

Dave

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
am i right about how i told him about changing the harness Dave? for the life of me i cant remember it all exactly or it could be the great happy juice kicking in.:doh:

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
Thanks for helping him Bob, I wanted it! LOL

Me personally, first thing I'd do is hook up a set of jumper cables and hook Auto E up to it, and do a quick once-over underhood to see what's potentially wrong with it.

UVCH's are cake to change, take the valvecovers off and they're right there. Take an hour tops.

Goodbar419, if you need a good route to come up from Lima, PM me. I went to UNOH and came home every weekend, I've driven that route in my sleep! ;)

Dave

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
sorry Dave i aint know. i just try to help when its asked for.:doh:

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
:evil that may be what fueled my brain to work to post all that after all these fine beverages.LOL

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
LOL but thats the cheap way out.:doh:

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
just messing with you though man. if you need any help with changing that out ro anything send me a pm and i can give ya a call or vice versa.:ford:

·
Terminator Nation
5,121 Posts
The under valve cover harness is readily available. The valve cover gasket also has an interconnect in it and also readily available. The main engine harness ends that plug into the valve cover gasket is repairable with kits that replace the end plugs. Depending on the engine the main engine harness may not be available and can cost about $400 if available new from the dealer. The other choice is getting a good one from the wrecking yard.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts