Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
You can't run them right up against the front of the bed because of the cross member (brace) on the bed. If you move it back a few inches you'll be just fine. I run 3.5" on mine because I already had two adapters to go from 2.5"-3.5" on my IDI.

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
We took the torch to my bed because we left the hole saw at home & as you have seen my bed needs to be replaced sooner or later. For my Ma's & buddy's we just went down to Home Depot & bought a hole saw that was about an 1/8 to a 1/4" over size & you'll get a nice perfect hole. It is worth the money to get the hole saw when your going for a clean look. Unless you have a plasma cutter! :D

·
<<<<< Next Generation
1,994 Posts
Mine is thru part of the brace under the bed, my measurement mistake, but it is closer to the front bed and its not much of that brace cut out. I actually liked making that mistake.

Pipe thru the bed is 4"

I used a hole saw

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
There was a guy on TDS with a white OBS that pulled out the cross piece to fit them right up next to the bed. He did that so he could still have his 100 gallon fuel tank in the bed too. He said even with all of that fuel he never had an issue.

·
Cummins Power
3,172 Posts
Mine is thru part of the brace under the bed, my measurement mistake, but it is closer to the front bed and its not much of that brace cut out. I actually liked making that mistake.

Pipe thru the bed is 4"

I used a hole saw

This is the same as mine. I did come through the middle of the bed. Not offset.

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
The only problem with the middle is that you usually run into driveshaft issues on a stock or 2wd truck. I know a guy that had a 4" exhaust going over to the middle but he also had a 4" lift on the truck. He pulled the stacks off & also dropped his truck back to stock height. We were looking at it & figgured that it would be too tight of a gap & too close the the driveshaft if he were to try it now. Not sure about the Superduty but that's how the OBS Dodges are.

·
<- Sums it up
1,739 Posts
Pics of mine can be found here: http://community.webshots.com/album/559624712RzHptn

I used a sawz all. I drew it with a pen first and drilled a 1" hole in the center and attacked it in small pie shapes. Then cut each off and trim it up. All I used was a sawz all, nothing else. It worked great. I am a carpenter by trade so this I do in the field all the time. And yes, a sawz all is a finish tool, no matter what Norm Abrams says...LOL....

·
&#924;&#927;&#923;&#937;&#925; &#923;&#913;&#914;&
3,067 Posts
I like using the sawzall too. used it on my fuel system, and my turbo conversion. Used a jigsaw on the hole in the bed though.

·
Engineering College Boy
403 Posts
I got five inch coming through the bed. Plumbed that into a five inch square tube that I welded together and put ends on. Welded the stacks to that box. Then made the custom cover to match up with the tool box.

·
Who is Obama?
1,779 Posts
I put mine all the way up to the front, I used a holesaw to cut through the top of the bed, then sawzalled the cross member just enough so the pipe would fit through. Worked fine

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
I put mine all the way up to the front, I used a holesaw to cut through the top of the bed, then sawzalled the cross member just enough so the pipe would fit through. Worked fine
What is all that steel that you have around the T pipe?

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts

·
Who is Obama?
1,779 Posts
The framing that your flag is mounted too.
Do you mean the wood going under the piping? If so... that is just supports so when the flag gets pulled back from the wind the bottom of the frame isn't pushed forward, a little overkill but it's just there to make it extra sturdy.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts